1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wood elf....?

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by thor14, Oct 1, 2013.

1. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is my attempt to sculpt a wood elf in 54 mm scale based on a Brom illustration. Is my first attempt to sculpt a "female " figure, but I'm pretty happy with the result, mainly thanks to the advice of friends Triplozero (an Italian forum). I hpe ypu like it:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. PEMS New Member

wouha!!!!!!:)
  3. CBDesign Active Member

Germany
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks pretty realistic... If that's the right word :LOL:
    Steve
  5. Pilgrim_uk Active Member

Great first attempt. :D
  6. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you very much, guys.
  7. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have almost finished to sculp her left arm. I have to make a few more decorative bracelet:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. CBDesign Active Member

Germany
    Very impressive..(y)
  9. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    New pics: I've almost finished the arms. I have to sculpt a big bracelet on her right forearm and than I can go to work on her legs:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    GARRY, ChaosCossack, Borek and 2 others like this.
  10. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here some pics of the almost finished work. I have to sculpt a rock or a wooden trunk to use as a support and I have to clean and refine some things.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

P.s. I'm sorry for the pics but the arms, the left leg, the knife end the strips of cloth are held together by bet.
    GARRY, pokrad, ChaosCossack and 2 others like this.
  11. PEMS New Member

i love it!!!If you make copies, how to contact you?
  12. CBDesign Active Member

Germany
    Holla..like it a lot too..as usual..would take a copy as well!
    Happy painting, Chris
  13. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Excelent work. Very impressive movement and anatomy. Great!!! Cheers Borek
  14. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I agree with Borek... Great anatomy and musculature. Perfect lines for a fantasy subject. What impresses me most is something small that is usually glossed over, even by commercial figures... the hands. At 54mm you never see hands done this well, particularly female hands... these are very fine and graceful.

Would love to see this painted. If it was commercial I'd be interested and this isn't my usual subject matter (couldn't get further from Napoleonics) but I think this would be an interesting project.

Colin
  15. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you very much, guys; I'm very happy you like it. I hope to have some copies before Christmas.
  16. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hello Thor, beautiful job of sculpting, just the right level of exageration to make her believable and animated. How do you deal with your engineering for casting breakdowns ?
    Best wishes Garyhiggins.
  17. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'm sorry, I forgot to update this post. Anyone who wants to buy a copy of this kit can 'send me a pm or an e-mail.