1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WOLVERINE & PUNISHER from KnightModels

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by arxo, Jan 29, 2011.

1. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Hello everyone,

I am quite new to the art of painting miniatures and these are my first two attempts (to fully clean up, assembly, prime, paint and base) from KnightModels' MARVEL comics line of figures. They are beautifully sculpted and for a novice like me didn't require extensive cleaning or filling with modelers' sculpt (I didn't use any, although maybe a more experienced modeler would have found some minor gaps to fill). I used acrylics mainly from citadel and the complete sets from Andrea Miniatures (flesh set, black and blue in the Punisher figure)...Wolverine was the first one to paint and lacks the attention to light and shadows. Punisher was the next one and I tried to focus more into that. The faces are both a little contrast-y but this is something that I intend to correct in my next figures, :)

All comments are welcome,
    Thank you

WOLVERINE :

[IMG]

PUNISHER : (in vertical format as posted in coolminiornot.com)

[IMG]

A larger picture can be found at : http://postimage.org/image/1qku68xc4/full/

If you feel like voting for this please do at : http://www.coolminiornot.com/268818

Thank you
    gordy likes this.
  2. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Novice! You're some gifted amateur then.
    Carl.
  3. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Thank you Carl...
    I try to do my best working under a white lamp in the middle of the night while my wife and son sleep in the other room and waking up in the mornings to see what exactly was that I was painting the previous night ! ;-)

This is what everyone does, right?
    diamond cutter likes this.
  4. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Indeed, keep them coming.
    Carl.
  5. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I would have never guessed that these were your first figures. They are very nice.
  6. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Thank you very much Jeff...
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Wow!!! You already have an excellent handle on painting figures, from the smallish photos they look awesome, especially for your first figures.
    Ben
  8. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Thank you, you can see a larger pic for the punisher figure in the link that I posted...
  9. Stephan PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    Wo's,thats a very good Start. Keep us Updates. Will the Next Be Another Knight Models?
  10. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Yes, I am currently over-loaded with Knightmodels figures, since I am a Marvel comic book fan...My next two projects though will be Yoda and OBI-WAN-KENOBI from their STAR WARS line, since after finishing the Punisher figure a couple of friends jumped to my throat to paint them their favorite heroes...

Friends, huh?
    ;-)
    gordy likes this.
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    If this are your first figures, then I wonder how the outcome is of your 10 th.
    Excellent work.

Marc
  12. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Thank you Marc, although with my working hours I guess it will take some time to get to the magic 10! But I will get there eventually...
  13. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good stuff Arxo keep 'em coming! (y)