1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Wizard 1/10

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by DarkSpawn, Oct 17, 2011.

1. lord.o Active Member

Italy
    if you cast it, can I have a copy?
  2. CBDesign Active Member

Germany
    If you do some copies I would like to one!! Please put me on the "must have it" list!!! Happy painting, Chris ;)
  3. ookami Member

Mexico
    very impresive the like nes to the character on the movies.
  4. DarkSpawn Active Member

Germany
    Thank you! :)

Just a small update...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Stephan and NickM like this.
  5. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Somebody once posted that the best compliment you can pay to a figure sculpt is to say you would pay to have one. I would definitely pay to have one of these!
    I can see him holding his pipe OR his staff in his left hand. Excellent work.
  6. DarkSpawn Active Member

Germany
    Thank you Sir. :)
  7. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Woderful work, I would buy it if it were to be available commercially. Very well done.

Alex.
  8. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    BTW, if a company like Andrea can sell a ton of figures with names like "The Arachnid" (Spider Man) "The Barbarian" (Conan) or "The Untamed" (Aragorn) just to name a few, selling your bust and calling it "The Wizard", I would have no problem with.
  9. Portal Member

United-Kingdom
    I'd be careful on that. This is more than a likeness to a character it's also a likeness of a famous living actor.
  10. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Have you looked/are you familiar with the line of Andrea figures I refer to? They are not likenesses, they ARE the characters from the movies. Their "Arachnid" doesn't just resemble Spider Man, he is Spider Man. As is their Conan, Aragorn, Lara Croft (Storm Raider!)etc, etc. And of living actors such as Sylvester Stallone, Sean Connery ("Secret Agent" indeed), Angelina Jolie, Arnold Swarten...Scharten...Schwa....Arnold, Tom Cruise, Ken Watanabe, etc. Sorry, no difference to me, and they have been doing it for years (decades?).
  11. DarkSpawn Active Member

Germany
    Hey folks!

It's time to update this thread. Much work was done, some more work to do (beard, hair, hand and the missing pipe), but I'm really confident to finish this bust soon. ;)
    So, here they are, the hopefully last wip-pics...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Wings5797, Maki, pokrad and 1 other person like this.
  12. CBDesign Active Member

Germany
    Very nice!!!!;)
  13. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    It is great seeing this one again. Hope you manage to finish it soon... and cast it perhaps?

Mario
    captnenglish likes this.
  14. CBDesign Active Member

Germany
    Cast it..please!
    captnenglish likes this.
  15. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great progress Markus, looking really good.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  16. Soldaten6 Member

United-States
    Beautiful work!

I too would be interested in obtaining a copy if you decided to cast some!
    captnenglish likes this.
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Markus,

I'm in awe of your talent. This bust is a dead ringer for Ian Mackellan as gandalf.

You simply MUST cast this up and make it commercially available.

I've just been re-reading this thread and I count at least a dozen members of pF who seem very keen to buy a casting of this bust.

I know I would!!
  18. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
    Fantastic work (y)
  19. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Someone on here once said that the greatest compliment you can give to a figure sculpt is to say you would pay money for one. I would DEFINITELY buy one of these. An optional hand holding a staff would be cool, or perhaps a second sculpt with staff AND hat???:hungry: Just super cool.
  20. DarkSpawn Active Member

Germany
    Thank you all for your kind words!

@JasonB: I have to look what I can possibly do. ;)
    But thanks for the idea!