1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP two new figures of ancient Rome

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by secutor, Jan 10, 2010.

1. secutor Active Member

Italy
    The first subject is a "bestiarius" taken from Torlonia relief, Page 65 of "Spettacoli del Colosseo" D. Augenti, Ed. "L' Erma" di Bretschneider; the second photo (for the coloumn) from same book page 69.
    The second figure is taken from Situla from Praeneste, now in Staatliche Museum of Berlin (Page 45 of Osprey "Early Roman Armies") and is a Roman general officiant inside a temple of Minerva divinity; only the insegna with eagle is failed, but in speedy realization.
    I hope sincerely you enjoy it.
    Robert

Attached Files:

red tom, flart1943, tonydawe and 2 others like this.
  2. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    very beautiful the 2 figures .. but the bestiarius scenette is really awesome !!

cheers

stefano
  3. Ferris A Fixture

Cool!
    Not only the figures, but also the lion is very well done.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  4. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great work Robert!
    Looking forward to the next steps.

Marcel.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stunning work Robert.
    Looking forward to your next posting.

mrac
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Robert, good work, I like what you have done so far.
    Looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers
    Roc
  7. secutor Active Member

Italy
    Some words about this still no paint project - what it will presented in Swiss 2011 together others three/four thematic dioramas (please, Italian painters help me!)
    The scene represents a fight between a gladiator “bestiarius” (or “venator”) and a lion; the two figures came from Torlonia relief dated 1st century before Ch. Four of five combatants wearing a tunic called “exomis”, fifth a scale cuirass; I have realized my figure starting from “Celtic warrior - J&J 70/16”, with a head Preiser 1:24
    The helmet, to take back to Montefortino type, is of plastic and lead, and studs (as “fibula” on chiton and leaves of crown on shield are from Historex accessories 54mm); the little plume on the left side of crest (true plume!) will fit in after paint.
    Chiton in Magic Sculpt, shield of lead and sword from storehouse-remainders of unknown piece.
    Lion is a spectacular bronze fusion, co-production work with my goldsmith friend Marco and leather straps (with ring for “transport” in arena) are in lead and thin for soldering.
    The “arena” was not a barren scenery but make rich with plants, trees, statues, walls and, often, with coloured sands! The column with statue on taken from a campanian slab dated 1st century after Ch. and exposed in Rome "Museo Nazionale Romano alle Terme"; the resin statue - represent a “pontifex” - is realized from Germania Figuren and is a very good figure for my reconstruction: this firm have in catalogue, also ancient warriors, many civilian subjects in 70mm as priest, women, togaed senators, and so on.
    thanks for farther 600 visits and for Your appreciations
    Robert
  8. tonyhp Active Member

Italy
    Great work secutor. Very very good.
    Saluti
    Tony