1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Romeo Models 54mm Sassanid Horseman

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by paulyrichard, Mar 27, 2007.

1. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    I've jus' finished assemblin' this! Mould lines are almost non-existent requirin' minimal clean-up. Everythin' fitted together OK, with only a little need for some Milliput and Liquid Putty, jus' to give it a little more refinement.

[IMG]
  2. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    I am watching mate keep us posted!!!!
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I hope you good at painting metal
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hope to see it painted soon. I do not like the figure, because i don't like the helmet.
    I think you gonna executed him very well.

marc
  5. Kyle Member

United-States
    Fascinating piece. I've had my eye on this one. Have fun with it, and keep posting your progress!

Kyle
  6. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for lookin', guys!

OK, these are the choice colours i'm usin' on this figure. They're from Vallejo, and are Emerald and Violet Red.

After applyin' the Emerald colour, I kind of hit a brick wall when it came down to mixin' a highlight for this shade. I never had any Sap Green oil paint! So in the end I mixed Yellow Naples Hue in with Cobalt Blue Hue, and came up with a suitable shade. I found out that if I mixed a lot of Yellow Naples into the Cobalt Blue you only end up gettin' a lighter shade of blue and not a green colour you'd expect. Yellow Naples seems to have a lot more white in it than Yellow, now I know! Its strange, jus' by mixin' a little of the Yellow Naples oil paint I got the shade of green I was after. In the end the brick wall was only a fence, and allowed me to progress.

The highlight for the Violet Red consisted of mixin' Yellow Naples Hue (again), in with Dioxazine Purple.

Yellow Naples Hue is the key colour for mixin' highlight shades!

[IMG]
  7. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Here is what its lookin' like with the decorations on his straps.

[IMG]
  8. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    I got some more progress made on this figure. I used Vallejo Red for his lower tunic colour and scabbard.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Looking good mate!!!!! Keep us posted!!!
  10. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Wow, looks really good !!! I keep close to see your next step painting this excellent figure.

Cheers,
    Markus
  11. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers guys!

I got the plate armour done. I basecoated it and then shaded each greave with a mix of Burnt Umber and Lamp Black oil paint.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Paul,
    WOW, Love the colours. Looks really nice.
    Cheers
    John
  13. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks John.

This is nearly finished, with jus' the base left to do. The shield was painted with Vallejo Red, and Vallejo Medium Olive was used for the six points.

[IMG]
  14. Mati Member

Poland
    A magnificient figure! Already placed on my wishlist. Good job so far! Like the shield colours!
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Paul,
    You did a awesome paintjob on this figure. I really like your painting and choise of colors.

marc
  16. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Paul
    Good Paint Job very Clean ..... Compliments
    Saluti MAB :)
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Paul.
  18. merty Member

Belgium
    very good!
    i like the metals:)
  19. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Re: Sassinid Warrior

Outstanding Paul! The colors really make it pop. The metals are excellent as well; that shield is beautiful.

I have to admit that this figure didn't really do much for me when it was first released, but I'm sold now. It goes on the wants list!

Cheers,

Glen
  20. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Getting better and better as you progress my friend!!!!!