1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Pegaso's Apache

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by jerry, Aug 23, 2006.

1. jerry Member

Hi to all,

I want to share with you my second atempt in the mysterious world of the acrylic painting, of course for me.
    It's in WIP status yet, but it sould br nice for me to have your comment/criticism also at this atate. :eek:

The subject is the Pegaso's Apache scuplted be A.Jula. For my little experience it'a appear fantastic, easy to assemble and a joy to paint.

I hope you like it.

Jerry

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Jerry, not bad, I would work on the highlights, shadows and the blending. ;)
    Your second figure looks much better than my second figure. :)

Cheers
    Roc.
  3. Frank-Holger Member

Want to see my second acrylic figure? Look at the garbage, the rats are playing with it... :(

If you once master the acrylic painting, you have done it! It is great to use several semitransparent layers of paint, detailed with edgeing and outlining.

All I can say for myself, it is a matter of doing, studying the work of our masters and paint, paint, paint!

Frank
  4. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Jerry i agree with what is already said.I can t comment on acrylics since they r not my kind of thingbut i think you r doing a pretty stand up job especially for your second attempt!!Keep up the work and keep these first figures so that soon you ll do the comparison and believe meyou ll be amazed with your progress.
    Regards
    Dimitrios
  5. jerry Member

Hi guys,

you're to much kind with me.

Thanks,

Jerry
  6. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Jerry
    Just keep going with this
    Keep your paint really thin
    acrylics are pretty good for
    covering mistakes

The way I paint ... they need to be :lol:

good to see your work

Frank
  7. jerry Member

Hi Frank,

You're right, acrylics paints are perfect to to repair little mistakes or accidents, their covering is very good.

Thanks,

Jerry