1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Napoleonic Artillery

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tecumsea, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I put this together a few months ago and I'm going to make a concerted effort to get it finished, it is loosely based on the Keith Rocco print but as I'm no shakes at converting or sculpting I'm going to settle for a couple of MM Artillery figures talking front left of the cannon. Might put a tree at the back of the wall and some Ivy hanging over just to take the bareness away.
    The Mortar is an old Hinchcliffe Kit that I picked up on Ebay, a B*****D to put together due to mould slippage I resorted to grinding down parts to get rid of seam lines. I think we take for granted how good modern kits really are. P1260008.JPG P1260006.JPG P1260007.JPG

Keith
    Dan Morton, Tonton, Tommi and 7 others like this.
  2. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Another nice work! Waiting for the figures.
    I'm sure it'll look great :)

Regards
    Pedro
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks a good cannon to me ,I am never sure about the French green for their Artillery ,it seem to come in all shades from very light washed out to dark green, no idea which is right , nice wall who's your brickie :D
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That's a very good cannon. Looks a bombarde.

Marc
  5. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Tonton likes this.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That's very good Geoff. What struck me was the horses pulling the gun and limber, not the thoroughbreds we see in art and model world, also how long it took for one of the drivers to lose his shako.

Roger.
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks well Keith.
    Carl.(y)
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great work on the cannon Keith , I know you've mentioned MM figures but what scale are those.
    Cheers Ken
  9. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thanks Ken, It will all be 54mm

Keith
  10. polyphemus Well-Known Member

An old Hinchliffe classic. Very well painted Keith. What about the figures, Guard or Line?

Geoff
  11. supermario Active Member

Italy
  12. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Mario, Geoff, thanks way to go yet!

Geoff it will be Line Artillery, MM do a Sapeur Du Genie 1807 (MM21) which can be painted up as Line Infantry and an Artillery Corporal 1807 (MM32)

Keith
  13. swralph A Fixture