1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

[WIP] My first 1:10 bust

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by KeenLearner, Feb 2, 2010.

1. KeenLearner New Member

Singapore
    Hi all. I am new to figure painting. THis is my first 1:10 bust. I have just completed the head, appreciate if you can give me some comments for me to improve on.

Attached Files:

Dr Force, Tommi, red tom and 3 others like this.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Actually I think you have quite a good start here. A couple things stand out for me though. First of all, the blonde hair feels far too yellow for my taste. I would tone it down with more tans or browns. The eyes look nicely positioned, but the pupils look too small (the black centers, he has a bit too intense a stare like this). I would enlarge them a tad. I'm not sold on the red of the cheeks. I think the blending and the position of the shading is perfect, but with cheeks this red, he looks like he just mowed the lawn with a push mower. Nice work, keep plugging away, you show great promise!

Jay H.
  3. KeenLearner New Member

Singapore
    Hi Sambaman.

Thank you very much for your encouragement and useful comments.

I will touch up and improved the head based on your comments. Will re-post the improved head again once I am done.

Thanks!
    :)
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work on the transitions of colour. I have to agree with Jay with regards the hair colour and pupil size, other than that great job.
    Carl.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    For your first bust you are doing a great job.
    Just like Jay i found the eyebrows to yellow and his cheeks to red.
    But they can be correct easely..
    When you have done that, post back for more positive comments.

Marc