1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP - Legolas 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Nov 13, 2007.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys

Here are the latest WIP pics of Legolas.

Undercoated in Vallejo acrylics and painted in oils.

I filed off the decorative swirly pattern on the quiver, and tried to paint the elaborate Peacock design embossed in the leather:eek: . Its not finished yet, but you should get some idea from these pics where I'm trying to go with this.

The bow string is one of the hairs from my wife's head.:D :D

The base is covered in crushed and dried parsley leaves pressed into the ground putty mixture.

More pics to follow soon.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Tony,

looks great, I like the different green tones, the base is nice too! Let me have one little critique: the arrows look bent and it might would pay off to change them, they look a little bulky.

Thanks
    Denes
  3. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Looks very good Tony. Denes is right you have to fix the arrows, and the gold paint on the arrowcase doesn't look so neath.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Tony. I traded off this figure for a couple of Almond figures. Now I wish I had kept it after seeing yours.
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Denes, Marcel - yes you're both right. The arrows do look a little chunky and a bit warped. I'll have a go at replacing them with some thin metal rods and glue the arrowe tails back on.

Guy - thanks for your comment.

Cheers