1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique WIP: Laurent Borget Fallschirmjager Officer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Rompy, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi pF,

Just got my hands on the Fallshirmjager officer bust by Laurent Borget. Will be posting the WIP shots as i go along.

The base color of the flesh is a mixture of Burnt Sienna + Naples Yellow Hue. Highlights were achived by added more Naples Yellow while Burnt Umbre + Brown Madder was mixed with Base to get the shadows.

[IMG]
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Now that looks really nice. Very good start,nice tones and blending....this is gonna be good.
  3. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    Very very nice start
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good start.
    Like the colors for the face.

Marc
  5. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi all,

Progress has been slow these days. Just wondering if i should keep this guy clean shaven or with a light 5 o clock shadow. Some pics taken with the new backdrop :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    crf and Joe55 like this.
  6. chris1 Active Member

Following with interest.

Chris
  7. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    He's coming around nicely! I say go with a light 5 o'clock shadow. Very light as he is fair haired.

Joe
  8. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Beautiful flesh tone !
  9. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks guys !

@Joe55, yes i am leaning towards a light 5 o clock shadow, a small stubble should suffice :)
  10. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Some pics of the WIP splinter camo. i think there are areas i need to touch up. some of the rain drops are kinda "fat" and not parallel to each other :p (raindrops painted with size 0 brush)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Ben, I really like the face on this one, nice flesh tones. One way of doing the streaks in the camo pattern, is to use a good micro tipped marker, or pen. They come in numerous colors and give you a constant width in the lines you draw. They are also good for seams, or to shadow pockets, belts, equipment, ect... The permanent kind work the best. Just a suggestion. Regards, SG:happy: 15094_2.gif 40810.jpg
  12. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I would lighten his lower lip a wee bit. You are doing a great job but the dark lip gives him a little bit of a Thunderbirds puppet look.

Colin
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Yes Colin, I would agree with that tip.

Ben,

I'd be pushing up the highlights on the jacket, particularly around the collar and the seams and edges of the fabric where it will be thinnest.
  14. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks for the advice guys !

Will work on the lip and the highlights on the jacket :)
  15. Ferris A Fixture

I think the camo pattern and colours look really nice. I agree about the lip. May I also suggest to add some extreme highlights in the face? Just some tiny touches to key points will do.

Looking very good, nice piece!

Cheers,
    Adrian
  16. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    very fine overall
  17. lbfactory Well-Known Member

France
    hello Benjamin I like very much the way it turns keep up this good job
    great paint
    Cheers
    Laurent
    Rompy likes this.
  18. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    z
    Hi Laurent. thanks for creating a great sculpt :) Its a pleasure bringing it to life :)
  19. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore