1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 2 King Leonidas of Sparta

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Nov 1, 2007.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys

After reviewing my pics:( and receiving the comments of many Planeteers (thanks for your honesty guys:) ) about the holes in Leonidas' helmet I decided to fix them.

I used Vallejo Plastic Putty (No. 400) which is painted on and can be thinned in water. I applied many thin coats of putty to the helmet, gradually filling up the holes, while still leaving the surface of the helmet looking dented, pockmarked and hammered.:cool: See first 3 pics.

I have applied a base coat of brass over the putty (see fourth pic), and now begin the process of laying in the highlights and shadows on the cloak, and then I will attack the whole bust with oils.:D

I post another update when he's closer to being finished.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. diosytexas Member

England
    hi tony. good move looking better already. dave.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Tony,
    This is so much better. When the painting is done, it think you have done a wonderfull job on this helmet.

Marc
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I agree with the filling in of the holes. It has left you the surface of a worn helm.
  5. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    The filled holes look much better now, good job so far!