1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Winter German almost done

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Sep 21, 2007.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    hello All,
    The figure is almost complete ,some details and finishing.
    Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Very nicely sculpted.
  3. Hammond_Lord Active Member

Re:

Great looking figure, Andy, although I would rather put helmet than visor cap, even if it is a NCO or an officer. Nevertheless, it's a nice rendering of a German soldier/officer on eastern front.

Best regards,

Nemanja
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andy, over all this guy looks to be coming along nicely, the folds on the trousers are nice. With that said I have a few comments. The gun looks a tad out of scale to me, a bit towards the smallish. His right arm, facing us looks a bit long on the upper part maybe, or too short on the lower? The brim on the crusher cap looks to close to his face and somehow I would like to see the hood of the cap "billow" out just a tad more naturally from the base of the cap in back. Small points I guess, but I would love to see more shots from different angles. Thanks for sharing!

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Andy - No offense, but I somewhat agree [at least partly] with Jay. That weapon just looks too small particularly. Maybe I have the wrong 'mental image' of the size of the gun. The right arm size could be deceptive because of the camera angle. More photos? Love the drapery - you're about the best I know at folds in fabric! You always show many more than I normally do, but you always make it look right! HOW?

All the best,
    Dan
  6. marcb New Member

Netherlands
    I'm not sure about the peaked field cap. Apart from the fat that I think it's too small, he's wearing a mountain troops anorak, so the logical choice would be the mountain troops peaked field cap. See here for an example (scroll down to Officer's Bergmutze):
    http://www.warelics.com/Visors.htm