1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wilsons Rockets first castings back

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Nov 26, 2008.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Have got the first castings of the 1/10 scale bust today.There are a few pieces involved.I,ll post progress on the painting later.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Andy,

That's quite a complex bust to cast. Looks great.

I can't wait to see how it looks painted up.
  3. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Gidday Andy
    Will be keeping an eye on this one, have the photo myself in one of my books. Off the subject, is the Viet Cong availiable yet, if so, how can l purchase one.?
    Cheers Andrew
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    great work you've done !
  5. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Painting has started on the bust.Getting a likeness as in the original photo is the tricky bit.Also the wet look has to look convincing too,but ther is still much to do.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Another progress picture.I rehighlighted the white of the eyes but they are overdone will paint over them soon.
    Im trying to paint by the light in the original photo.That is using light coloured paint for reflections like with the water and wet clothing.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    You've done a brilliant job capturing the look and the feel of the original photo Andy.

My only suggestion is to tone down the highlights and boost the shadows on the t-shirt and flak jacket where the water has made them wet.
  8. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The rocket launcher has been set to give an idea but still needs more work..comments welcome .
    andy

Attached Files:

9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Every time you post another pic Andy, he seems to be leaping out of the pages of Time magazine. Not far to go now. Beautiful realism and attention to detail.
  10. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The Rochet launcher has been glued in place,but the painting and blending in continues.Some draining water has been added with ms and will be painted over in acrylics.Im trying to paint the light and reflection instead of using a gloss varnish while working from the photograph.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

11. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    fantastic looking bust mate,love what you are doing with the painting.

Whos your caster ? can you PM me.

Steve
  12. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Thanks for your comments.There are still a few details to finish off mainly the back of the bust as it has only a base coat,the LAW slung over his shoulder and the wiring and tag added to the rocket round.
    Andy