1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Will Youngs(not the singer) ever do a full size figure

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Dr Force, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I would just love them to do a full figure 1/10 or 1/16 scale, surely they would sell like hot cakes? I'm curious as to why they are all busts and not entered into the rest of the market place ( or at least limited additions)

Fingers crossed:D
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Who said he was a singer :ROFLMAO:

Ron
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've wondered / hoped this myself David, because their busts are among the very best on the market (arguably THE best).

I've never yet painted a bust, I much prefer full figures. But even so, I have been tempted by some of their pieces because they really are that good. I'd certainly be keen to see them branch out into full figures if they maintained the same high standard they've set with their busts.

- Steve
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Pearl did and she should know.:D
    Derek
  6. thrax Member

United-States
    young busts look as though they work from a single master face. same guy waffen s.s. roman, etc. or is it my imagination. same square jawed dude different era and costume. otherwise i love the detail.
  7. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    It is your imagination! :whistle:

If you look closely at the actual pieces, you will find that the faces are all done individually. They are not the same. However, this does point up a specific peculiarity in sculpting: a sculptor who follows a specific method or analyzing practice in sculpting heads, will tend to do heads that have a similar appearance.

For instance, look at a handful of Roger Saunders (Hornet) heads. They are all individual, but they all have a "family" resemblance that tells you instantly who did them. And when you see a bunch of them together on a diorama, one can only conclude that the whole freaking army are a bunch of inbred hillbillies with abnormally incestuous family ties. :eek:
  8. thrax Member

United-States
    haaaaaaa :lol:
  9. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Yes I have seen these Mike but there are only a few in comparison to the masses of busts, 1/16 range would be a huge compliment to this outstanding line of sculpts, or even some limited addition full size conversions of existing busts??

Just seems a waste that they are so good but only ever confined to busts:)