1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Wilhelm II.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Antonenko, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Nap Moderator

England

Fully understand your reasons ....being sensible !

Nap
    theBaron likes this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    88. Day, March 1, 2023

The cover of Wilhelm's case - an old picture frame that has been rotting away in the cupboard here for years - is turning white, the color is due to the apartment furnishings.

First coat of paint is on...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    KenBoyle and theBaron like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice result Martín on the frame

IMG_7400.GIF

Nap
  4. theBaron A Fixture

United-States

Ah, right. I was thinking of the badge you sculpted for the bust.
    Nap likes this.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    89. and final day, March 4, 2023

Today I locked the emperor in his cell - and then hung him up...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Project finished - many thanks for praise, criticism, suggestions and "accompaniment"!

Cheers

P.S. Next sbs will start on Monday.
    NigelR, KenBoyle, Joe55 and 3 others like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Martín

A unique way of presenting the piece , a great and really enjoyable SBS for all

Thank you for all the time both at your bench and referencing

Look forward to seeing what's the subject for the next ....perhaps Kaiser related ????

Happy benchtime

Nap
  7. NigelR A Fixture

I was worried the picture in the frame was too prominent compared to the actual bust but it works great in the finished box. Really imaginative presentation of a very nicely painted piece, well done!
    Nap likes this.
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nice finish, Martin! I like your finished display.

I'll repeat my question from the Figure-Mad Forum here, too, for the benefit of the audience and discussion. Have you ever considered adding lighting to your display cases? Or is the room's ambient lighting sufficient?

I have a similar display case-an antique microscope display box, with a glass front, hinged to drop down and allow removing and storing the microscope. It even still has the original maker's label or plate, made of an early plastic and attached to the front's frame. I modified it to take a glass shelf at about the middle of its height, and added small round lights (about the size of hockey pucks) to light the contents.

That came to mind when I saw your finished display case. I just wondered if you'd thought about that, too.

Prost!
    Brad
    Nap likes this.