1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wild Bill Hickock

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, Oct 27, 2005.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Here is a new one since WE. Andrea's Wild Bill Hickock. The face is excellent, and the figure has a lot of attitude. My sample had a few flaws in casting that were difficult to clean up though. The saloon facade is scratchbuilt from plastic. Interestingly what is thought of as the classic faceoff in the street between gunfighters was based on Wild Bill's killing of David Tutt on the square right here in Springfield MO.

[IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent John! The base really turned out nice and sets off the figure real well.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, beautiful work, I mean that sincerely.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  5. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello John,Great work.Love the figure. You have also done a excellent job of the saloon facade it adds that bit of atmosphere. Congratulations. kind regards John :)
  6. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    looks good John, nice work
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello John,

Looks like a still from a movie. Great work.

Marc
  8. nagashino New Member

Hello John

Very nicely done. I agree the saloon front sets it off perfectly. Mean lookin' dude, ain't he!

Cheers

Phil
  9. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Lovely work, John!
    Very nice how You have lighten up (redish) those paints!
    Beautiful!

Eddy.
  10. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Excellent work! I really like the figure and especially the way you staged it. How would you rate the Andrea figure overall as far as detail? I have the Billy the Kid kit from Andrea and another Andrea kit, but find the detail varies from kit to kit. Look forward to seeing Wild Bill in Atlanta this coming February.

Best of Everything,

Terry Martin
  11. arthur Member

Canada
    John,
    Beautiful paintjob on that figure.
    I really like your treatment of wood on the facade and floorboards, very convincing.
    Cheers,
    A.
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work John.
  13. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks everyone. I liked the figure quite a bit. I has good detail, excellent hair and face. It had a few rough patches. It was a casting thing and not the result of a poor master.
  14. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Hey John, I really like your version and I have been eyeballin this fig for awhile. Those darn Nappies keep jumping on my table though ;) :lol: . I really like the setting. Nice job. Do you have anymore pics? You mentioned a few "problem" areas. Care to elloborate a bit more for someone who's wanting to buy this fig?

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick
  15. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Hey Jim. I wish I had taken more pics. These are the only ones. The problem areas I mentioned are limited to casting problems. The sculpting is very good. There were a few areas where excess flash was present. Difficult to clean mold seams were also a problem. I suspect the mold itself is showing some wear. It's important to mention that fit of all pieces is very good. The problem areas were mostly in the legs. With the involved wrinkles of the pants, the mold lines and flash were difficult to trim while maintaining the look of the pants.