1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Why Do I Get So Many Doubleclic Links

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by bigtodd, Oct 5, 2012.

1. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Why is it when I click on a topic and I try to go back a page I actually have a ton of doubleclick.net...... links instead of the previouse web page link? Do I have something wrong on my end using IE? Is there a bug in the forum?

Thanks
    Todd
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is the first I've heard of it, can you try a different browser ?
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Gordy, I get this at work using explorer, but not at home where I use FireFox. Incidentally, pF isn't the only site that does it at work. It is frustrating and if there is a solution, I'd like to know what it is.
  4. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    That definitely makes it sound like a browser issue and not an issue with PF. What verions of IE are you using, when you see this behavior.

I use IE9, by the way, and do not see what you and Todd describe, on any webpages that I visit.

Todd, what you describe makes it sound like you've got some malware or "browserware" loaded, a kind of spyware that is reading your browsing choices, then presenting you with "suggestions" based on those browsing choices, when you click links to navigate.

Check your antivirus software and make sure its updated, also, maybe you should clear your browser cache, which never hurts.
  5. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Yes Thanks!!!!

I am on it now. I am cleaning up everything I can find. I swore I was upto date with evereything. I tried opening this site in chrome and did not see the problem occur there.
  6. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I blew away all cookies and history the problem seemed to go away.