1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Whot! Nostalgia Again!!

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Rich Sculpts, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium

Perhaps this one, I painted with great pleasure in the 70ies
    WR-DSC_0171.jpg
    blaster, garyhiggins and theBaron like this.
  2. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Pete Wilcox was a member of the Gravesham club, sadly he passed away shortly after I joined, so I never got to know him.
    John Tassell and David Grieve are still members, and John still surprises us with his modelling skills.
    I work around the corner from where Under Two Flags were, it's now a sweet shop. Used to spend most of my lunch hours in there.
    Back in the day when I got back into the Hobby, it was mainly Poste Militaire, David Grieve and Almond Sculptors.

Malc
    Rich Sculpts and garyhiggins like this.
  3. altezeit New Member

4. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    No need to apologize, it was good of you to rekindle this discussion, and I'm fascinated to learn of your background. I love Rose and Phoenix figures and snap them up when I can find them. It's nice to meet someone who worked for them. Gammage's 54mm 18th century German States cavalry figures are just about the only ones out there, even today, and the Imperial German figures are also very well done. Same goes for the Phoenix 54mm Georgian series. They fill out my Seven Years War/18th Century collection, and my Imperial German Army collection.

Welcome aboard, prosit!
    Brad
    garyhiggins likes this.
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium

Yes we would appreciate
    Best
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Yes that was my master .Thanks for posting it .I never got a casting (story of my life ). nicely painted .i'll upload some shots of later works if anyone is interested.

7. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

I remember back to my first trip to Chicago (1980s) on buisness, meeting with Mike Cobb, who then took me across the street to Shep Paine's house, and later Phil Stearn. An unforgetable day, ending with the 4 of us having an Evening meal at a replica American W.W.1 Airforce Base. The following day we took in a visit to "The Hobby Chest" shop, and I met Wally Plank, the owner and who was soon to be imortalised with a Series 77 Pirate named after him.
    crf likes this.