1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Who'd have thought it...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by fogie, Jan 17, 2021.

1. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    So...here we all were yesterday finishing breakfast and enjoying our second
    cup of tea, when the news broke that sleepy old Carbis Bay of all places was
    to host the next meeting of the G7.

As I write, I can look down on the proposed venue. Originally an Edwardian
    'Railway' Hotel next to a sandy beach, that after many upgrades (the latest,
    so the rumours tell us, was financed by Middle Eastern money) has now
    become a proper goldmine even though it looks more like a high end car
    showroom. It's here, we're told, that each evening the principal world leaders
    will enjoy their posh B and B.

The main location for their discussions and all their accompanying 'B' listers
    however, is to be another hotel a couple of miles away. Interestingly, it's the
    place where Nazi Foreign Minister Joachim von Ribbentrop earmarked as
    his own, if only things had gone right for him (can't wait for the press to get
    hold of that one).

The thing is...how will they travel between the two venues ?. Access to and
    from the beach is via a very steep hill with an 'interesting' pinch point over a
    railway bridge that's just about wide enough for a Smart car not the sort of
    limo that the leaders of the free world are used to. So perhaps they'll install
    a heli pad on the beach ( I say, Joe... mind if we use Marine 1, old chap ?)
    Trouble is that at high tide everything's covered with the wet stuff.

Tricky...eh ? Still, I expect they'll do the British thing and muddle through.
    somehow

Mike
    Graham likes this.
  2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Mike

Fame at last eh ...wonder why they chose that location ...did they know you live there ?

As you say " who would have thought it ..."

A good old British cup of tea will help decide how to muddle through ...no doubt

Stay safe

Nap