1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Who is this figure?

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by langeler, Dec 27, 2010.

1. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    I painted this 90mm mounted figure about 12 years ago. I think it was a Poste Militaire. Is there someone who can tell me which figure is presented? Other remarks on the job are also welcome

Attached Files:

2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    I THINK this is Richard Almond's Captain Manhes.
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have agree with Steve one this one.
  4. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    Thanks a lot guys, I'm going to use this information in my historical overview I make of every model. I place them in a certain situation/place/event/time in history and make a nice presentation in a catalogue which is interesting for my children(as a kind of history lesson) and on exhibitions. [IMG]
  5. Paul20100 A Fixture

France
    I confirm, Captain Manhes, aide de camp to J. Murat. Beautiful (and nowadays very rare) 90mm Almond kit.
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Got a copy from Ebay a year or two ago. Great kit and great sculpt by Richard Almond. He should have a white eagrette fether on his colpack (front centre) - did you break it or omit it? I note that you painted wraps on the horses legs - interesting idea. Looks to me like you did a great job on this one.

Terrific uniform that represents Captain Manhes at the Battle of Eylau in 1807 where Murat's cavalry charges helped stem the tide after Augereau's corps was routed when it veered into a Prussian grand battery during a freak "white out." Manhes' uniform of white, crimson and fawn always looks terrific presented in a snowy environment. Manhes was Murat's ADC, head of security and master of dirty tricks I think. Interesting guy. Here's a short bio from Fr Wiki.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Antoine_Manh%C3%A8s

I think Andrea or pegaso did a 54mm Manhes back in the early days of its existence that I recall it was a major disappointment due the disastrous pelisse braiding.

Colin