1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Who is the Sculptor/Artist please

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Richie, May 16, 2019.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    Just saw this on one of the EME 2019 posts, anyone know who the sculptor/artist is? and what scale is the model?
    From what I can see on the name plate it depicts Captain Reginald Younghusband, therefore as the "story" goes....the Zulu's allowed him time to shake hands with his fellow soldiers, ammunition was exhausted and a forlorn charge at the Zulu's was coming.

Who ever it is, it's great story telling in miniature. The two soldiers in the foreground utterly shattered and devastated as they know their fate. One trying to give support to the seated soldier while looking at his officer and sergeant for a fitting word of comfort or encouragement. And finally the Colour Sergeant about to shake hands with his officer for the last time.

As an advocate of the Zulu wars I am taken by this piece, love it.

If anyone know who did this and they are not on here, please pass on my warmest congratulations for a wonderful piece of story telling from the Zulu war.
    cheers
    Richie

p1060051.jpg
    OldTaff likes this.
  2. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hi Ritchie,
    I think the name is Ludovico Carvagio.
    Regards
    Pete
    Richie likes this.
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Pete,
    Thanks nearly, I have since been contacted by a friend of mine and it was sculpted by Ludovico Carrano and painted by Danilo Cartacci. The only thing I do not know is the scale. But whatever the scale, whether it's 54mm or 75mm it's still a lovely piece of story telling that I greatly appreciate.
    cheers
    Richie
  4. custer760 Well-Known Member

Oh well nearly right,my Italian is not so good;-)
    Regards
    Pete
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Better than mine mate thank god for copy and paste:D
    custer760 likes this.