1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

White balance experience.

Discussion in 'Photography' started by pmfs, May 5, 2012.

1. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal

Colin, i´m not using any type of artificial light, my photos are taken in daylight. Sorry if I misleading some of you with "indirect light", sometimes I have to think in Portuguese to wrote in English.
    Pedro
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi guy´s!
    Following Piotr´s idea I take this shot with maximum aperture, F13.6, exposure 3 sec. and Hard sharpness instead soft.
    I cant take photos without macro options set, the camera dont focus, dont know why?
    I think this pic is better than others, what you think?
    Pedro.

Attached Files:

3. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Definitely depth of field covers the whole scene now. You could not focus with macro mode off because your camera was to close to the subject. Macro mode allows you to focus from close distance but without it, your minimum focus distance is much larger. I do not like the hard sharpness filter. It is definitely too much. It is more visible when you enlarge the picture. Try a different background as well.
    pmfs likes this.
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Piotr, again many thanks for the interest in helping, I think after now, I will take better pictures because your help.
    The hard sharpness was an experience.
    Any idea about the color of the background, what you advise?
    To other forum members that participate in this topic, thanks a million.

Pedro.(y)
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I'm still following and learning. (y)
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Pedro
    I understand the problem trying to communicate in a language not your own. I have never tried to photogragh using sunlight... too many trees around my windows and I never thought of taking my figs outside to shoot them. Maybe I should try that.
    This has been a very informative (if very technical) thread... hope with everybody's imput, all learn something.

Colin
    pmfs likes this.
  7. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Pedro, when it comes to right background for the figure, I can not help you much. I always have difficulties to choose one. I think maybe something dark, which is darker than the tank. It could help expose tank better. Maybe a dark green would fit?
    pmfs likes this.
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Colin and Piotr thanks for the input.
    There was a time that I though black the best color for the purpose, but now i really dont know.
    I will buy some colour cardboards and will test what is the best color not only for this work but for the next ones.:)

Cheers
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    As far as the background, I guess it depends on the main colours of the figure... you don't want a red background behind a Napoleonic British infantryman, you'll lose the figure in the backdrop. Contrasting colours for sure

Cheers

Colin
    pmfs likes this.
  10. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi again, today I downloaded from internet some colour backgrounds to use in photoshop (elements 7).
    Using the last experience photo from this topic, by removing the the white background and add a new one.
    I think now the result is very good.
    This was a very easy process with quick good results.
    Comments are welcome!
    Pedro

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    The green is much better... brings out some more contrast than the white.
    Looks great

Colin
    pmfs likes this.
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    The green is nice Pedro. (y)
    pmfs likes this.
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice work.
    Can you put me back to the topic for the background. I can't find it back.

Marc
    pmfs likes this.
  14. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Colin and Roger thanks fellows!:)
    Marc, I´, confused wich topic?
    Thanks!

Pedro.
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I saw a few days back a topic (but I also can be wront) about changing the background with PS. Thought you where referring to this.
    If not, could you explain how you changed the background color.....maybe with a SBS.
    Like the colortransition from white to a color.....

Marc
  16. Illa Active Member

I prefer the 2.
  17. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    The green one, sure?!

Pedro.
  18. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Yes sure Marc you are not wrong, there are here a sbs of changing background HERE!

Pedro.
  19. Illa Active Member

Ops! I was talking about the first post, sorry for the mistake.
    Now I prefeer the green one!
    Did you try to take the photo using a dark red tone background?
    Salut!
  20. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    I´m doing experiences right now.
    Thnaks for the tip.

Pedro