1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

While I am waiting...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Patrick Kirk, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Patrick,

I would say that you have done a really remarkable job on the face and I like the glaze! ;) One thing that I think may help, if you don't mind, is that I think you need to put a bottom eye lash/line on. It may be there but I think if you take a flat brown and draw it in where the white is showing from the eye to the skin it will just set the whole figure off. This is just my own observation. Still great job.

Joe
  2. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work Patrick

gorgeous infact

Robin
  3. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks Joe! ;)
    You are absolutely right, I do need to accent that line and will do that; I appreciate you pointing it out to me.

Hope all is well, my friend...

Patrick
  4. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks Robin, I am blushing! ;)

All the best, my friend...

Patrick
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Patrick-

Thx for the close up. How long are you allowing for the oils to dry before the glaze. I kinda had the impression that would take weeks :(

Keith
  6. Patrick Kirk New Member

Keith,
    With my fleshtones I mix a lil english distilled spirits and just a tiny bit ( a speck) of liquin into the base...this helps (all-be-it a little) for the oils to dry. Another thing I do, as do many, is lay the oils out on a index card and let the "oil" soak out of the pigment. I'll let the paint sit there for 30mins and then pull straight pigment to mix the base color (does that make sense?).
    Once I have the face about 90% finished in oils, then I bake it in a crock pot for about an hour. When I pull it out, the oils are wet, but not sticky wet, and then I start glazing with acrylics. I pay particular attention to the highest highlights and the deepest shadows...

Does this help?

All the best

Patrick
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Patrick-

Yes. That does help. I use a dry box so, this is a good idea. I think I'll give it a try on a couple practice heads as my acrylic technique pretty much sucks...

Keith
  8. Patrick Kirk New Member

Keith,
    ;) no worries...the key is to remember that this is a glaze, and not an application like you would use for a basecoat...you want the consistency of lowfat milk (watery, but you can tell it's sorta milk...)

Good luck...let me know if you need anything

All the best

Patrick
  9. Patrick Kirk New Member

Guy,
    Appreciate your encouragement...you keep this up and I'll start thinking that I can paint :lol:

All the best

Patrick
  10. Patrick Kirk New Member

Here's an update...
    Still lots to do, but wanted to share my progress...

Hope all is well

Patrick

Attached Files: