1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

When your retired

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Old Tanker, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Old Tanker Member

Well when your retired and you just like to paint miniatures.
    Go for it. I do. I seems I like Young Miniatures. Which I do, but I have some others yet to paint. Sioux 013 Sm.jpg Korea 03 Sm.jpg

Sioux 12 Sm.jpg Sioux 03 Sm.jpg Sioux 04 Sm.jpg Sioux 11 Sm.jpg Korea 01a Sm.jpg Korea 04 Sm.jpg Korea 12 Sm.jpg Korea 13 Sm.jpg Korea 14 Sm.jpg
    grenadier, Joe55, Osebor and 8 others like this.
  2. Ventress Active Member

England
    2 years left before the big paint off. 58 is quite old enough to finish working!
  3. Steve Ski Well-Known Member

United-States
    These look pretty good Old Tanker. Now you have plenty of time to perfect your techniques. 182 days left for me, can't wait.

Keep em coming, post em when ya got em.

Cheers, Ski.
  4. grasshopper PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    It’s taken a long time to find my way in retirement...still regret bailing, but starting to settle in...and admit I couldn’t manage the pace anyway..
  5. Steve Ski Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ya just need a hobby, and it looks like ya got one. ;)
  6. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Busts look the biz.

61... 5 too do, unless someone has a pot of cash they do not want.
  7. franceso sbarile Well-Known Member

Hi Old Tanker, I like your work and , as Ski said, now you have all the time you need to get better and better.
    About retirement to me 3-4 years left and I have in mind a certain amount of travels to do, museum to see, books to read, movies to watch and .. of course .. figures to paint !!!!
    Cheers
    Francesco
  8. HansDig Active Member

Netherlands
    61 and "left the building" at 57 since my boss ( a bank) had that "pot of cash nobody wanted" and I voluntered to relieve him from it. Not one day of regrets and (though I had a great job) didn't miss it a day but I agree it's all about hobbies. Problem is I have too many. Here's my small list.....scale modelling, photography, reading, I'm a volunteer-forester, do about 25 wildlife-guide tours a year, a lot of sport, travelling, going to concerts ( Black Stone Cherry, Shinedown etc.) and the 3-days Metal Meeting. Pity I lack the time for making music so my keyboard is eating dust at the moment. There's so much more in life than having a job...
  9. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Fraid I am a pauper so the job is a means to an end, but agree completely there is more too life than work......

Hence hobbies
    franceso sbarile likes this.
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Retired at 56, happy as can be :D
    Things might change this summer coming when my wife retires :arghh:
    HansDig likes this.
  11. HansDig Active Member

Netherlands
    Mine retired 30 years ago...that's why I have so much "outdoor"-hobbies
    DEL likes this.
  12. Steve Ski Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good luck with that Del. I would suggest staying in the model bunker and locking the door, :woot::ROFLMAO::whistle:;)
  13. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Just waiting for my turn... :)
    Great work!
  14. Old Tanker Member

Thank you all for the comments. Much appreciated.
    My two favorite subjects. Marines. I served for 12 years USMC, Vietnam Vet. and American Indians. My wife is one, Nisqually Tribe.
    New 08 Sm.jpg Apch Fin 09 Sm.jpg Fin 01 Sm.jpg Wac Fin 09 Sm.jpg

Attached Files:

15. grasshopper PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Which explains the effective indigenous skin tones..vs “red indians” myth..
  16. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice paint work on all that you've shown. Retired is just a title. It's all a head game....Keep up the good work.

Wayne:)
    Joe55 likes this.
  17. Steve Ski Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent work OT!
  18. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Keep 'em coming (y)!

Joe