1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

what type of figure should i really do fantasy,sci-fi or historical ?

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by mcsnead17, Jun 18, 2014.

1. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    You speak the truth, my faithful Indian companion!

When I saw his post the other day, I popped over quick to Timelines, just to see when his last thread was over there. Always entertaining, though.

Prost!
    Brad
    Martin64 likes this.
  2. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    If you are seriously interested in painting fantasy or sci-fi figures for competition you should take some care as to which one you choose to paint. The sculpts on some of the regular 28mm troops just are not that engaging, so even a very well painted version will often not get the recognition it might deserve. Find the sculpts that make you say 'wow, that's cool!' and paint those.

There are also more and more options for larger scale fantasy and sci-fi figures. Andrea has their Warlord Sage and Dark Nova lines for 54mm fantasy and sci-fi. Pegaso has a few 75mm fantasy figures. There's Ares Mythologic's Draconia line of 54mm fantasy. Nocturna Models has some neat stuff in 54mm and 70mm.

It seems planetfigure has many more historical figures than they do fantasy or sci-fi, so maybe you should take a look at a site like CoolMini. Check out their top artists and to see what can be done with this subject material.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/topartists
  3. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    so this means I can start on about 60 figures sorry I meant one figure and I hope I can finish it .
  4. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
  5. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    I know this an excuse but it is true the first thing I have to do is clean up the work area before I do anything ok mainly because I live in an apartment and right now it is a mess .
  6. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I say don't worry about the competitions and paint what you have the most fun with. If you enter a figure and it wins, great. If you don't win really who cares as long as you are having a good time with the hobby. Enjoying yourself is the most important thing.
    Gerald
    Eludia likes this.