1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

what is the powder on top of metal figure?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by BlackWarrior, Mar 8, 2004.

1. BlackWarrior Member

South-Korea
    ;)

as different my think, my question is continued...

I heard that the powder on the metal figure is a talc powder to easily part between mold and figure. But, some days ago, I heard that the powder is not talc.

in my enviorment, my some friends deal with Resin to producing the figure. But No men deal with metal(lead ?) to produce the figure.

What is the powder on the metal figure like pegaso, andrea...

please response the reply if you know what is that.

have a nice day

:lol:
  2. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    I've never seen powder on any of the "newer" figure lines like Andrea or Pegaso, the really old stuff (going back at least 10-15 years) would often get lead disease but most manufacturers don't really use so much lead anymore.

My guess is that like you said it might by talc, for removal from the mold.
  3. BlackWarrior Member

South-Korea
    Thank you, Lou Masses...

the powder that is meant by myself is the surface of metal figure.
    before painting, normally, the first step is adjusting of metal figure's surface using brass brush. Isn't it?

What is the surface ingredient before shining surface come out?

This Question is the my intend to ask...

Thank you

have a good day!!!
  4. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Kyong-Jae Lee,I think the "powder" that you are referring to could be the oxidation of the metal figure to the air.My 2 cents worth.Cheers.
    Kenneth
  5. BlackWarrior Member

South-Korea
    :)

Thank you, Kenneth. (y)
  6. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Sorry, now I understand what you mean. WHy does the surface look like it is coated with something? My guess is either what Kenneth said or it could also be the mold releasing agents.