1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

What happened to Dance of Death

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tecumsea, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I see or assume that the Dance of Death thread has been taken down. It has given me to realise that posting on here is a waste of time and I am resolved to keep off the Forum except as a visitor.

By taking down the thread the miscreant has been exhonorated and those of us who have tried to be rational have completely wasted our time and energy....what is the point?

The thread was created to try and help Kevin to get hold of an item that he was rightly entitled to....what happens now????

Whatever, I'm out of here and I'll join the majority of watchers.

"This is moderation gone mad and the repercussions poorly thought through in my opinion" I know it's a difficult job but spur of the moment decisions are inappropriate. We are all grown ups on here.

Keith
    IronMike, Tommi, Martin64 and 2 others like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Wasn't me guv.o_O
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Keith,
    I can only assume the thread was taken down after my reply to a post entered on it.
    The thread was opened by Kevin who was making a legitimate enquiry and who did to start with receive helpful assistance.
    The thread did degenerate after comments were made about myself and other members to which I replied.
    I could understand the thread being locked down to stop it turning into a verbal fistfight But the thread itself until that point should remain for all to see.
    The fact that it has been removed in its entirety is outrageous and shameful it smacks of censorship and as once said before high fives and back slapping. I would therefore ask that it be reinstated if possible . Along with an undertaking that in future that threads are only locked if deemed unsuitable but the content remain.
    Mick
    Tommi, Martin64 and Redcap like this.
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Or any inappropriate comment removed-but I agree the thread should remain.
    Tommi, Martin64, housecarl and 2 others like this.
  5. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree entirely with the comments expressed by Keith and Mick.

This isn't an act of 'Moderation' it is naked censorship. Had it descended into politics, religion, threats of violence or even bad language then so be it because then it would have been appropriate to close it down. However, because some members on PF are asking legitimate questions about a product they have paid for but not received their goods 2 years later - A PRODUCT INCIDENTALLY ADVERTISED COMMERCIALLY & WHILST USING PF AS A PLATFORM TOUTING FOR PUNTERS TO FINANCE IT - then simply removing that thread absent explanation because someone, somewhere, doesn't like it is censorship.

Moving forward, if those controlling this site are going to start saying, effectively, 'take your problem /complaints elsewhere', then it begs the obvious suggestion of don't allow this site to be used by people to flog and tout their commercial products- especially 'kick start' projects such as D of D - and even if that means no 'freebies' for those granting that permission to do so.

Perhaps whoever is responsible for this decision may like to tell the rest of us what the grounds and rationale were for doing so......or has Chris from Australia just joined the 'moderating' team ?

Gary
    Helm, IronMike, Tecumsea and 4 others like this.
  6. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well must say I am very disappointed to see yet again that the Dance of death thread was taken down again yesterday. Yet again there were slanderous remarks made against my Wife and myself that has nothing to do with us at all by another member of this forum about the dance of death project of which he knows sweet fxxx all about the real truth.

These dance of death threads rears there ugly head every few weeks and we always seem to get dragged into it and have to defend ourselves on every occasion by telling the truth and the true facts.

This is obviously not good enough for certain people that only listen to bull shit and verbal diarrhoea for the instigator of the problem.

Absoluteness sick of the pathetic know all gob shites that spout off crap and think they are in the know of the truth when they actually know nothing other than the bull shit they have been fed from the source of the problem.

Sick of defending ourselves only to shot down in flames every time and have the thread pulled before the said people have justified there comments and shared there extensive knowledge of the truth as it seem they were involved in the project and know more about what has gone on than others that were involved in the project.

I have been involved with Planet Figure since the start and now finding myself not liking it any more for several reasons..

This will be my final post here on this forum as I guess this will disappear over night as well and I have better things to do with my life.

Logging out

Tommi
    Redcap, IronMike, John Bowery and 2 others like this.
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Yes, over-moderation indeed.

Please Moderator-in-question, don't be afraid of the occasional flare-up.
    This kind of history-deletion will have major negative impact on members' willigness to contribute to discussions.

You mean well with these actions, I' convinced, but please moderate the moderation....it is dumbing the place down.

Adrian
  8. Mookie Well-Known Member

As a newcomer im very disappointed at what i thought was a nice community to join.I thought the military figure world was going to be a great place of cameraderie but been soured by some.I certainly wont be posting of my new products on here and like Tommi i have better things to get on with.
    Rich.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    I took this down to calm things down .......not easy moderating as I am finding out it was just to calm it down ...obviously the wrong thing in many members opinions ........ and I am certainly not afraid of an occasional flare up .

So it's me or another moderator you should PM if you have concerns about comments

It is back up now https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/dance-of-death-again.118620/

I am getting back to doing what I like modelling

Nap
  10. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Why is everyone coming down on the moderators? I don't think I've ever heard one bad word of who or what was the cause of this problem in the first place.
    Babelfish likes this.
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I learned the hard way that moderating is a thankless task Wayne, and that no matter how good your intentions may be when you try to referee a "sticky" situation, you will inevitably end up pissing someone off with whatever action you decide to take (or indeed not take).

Personally I think that Kev does a grand job running this place pretty much single-handed now, and I'd be willing to bet that lot of other members would agree.

- Steve
  12. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Wayne.....see the Dance of Death Again thread to get some idea.
  13. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I just read it......I didn't participate in this venture thankfully...…..I didn't realize it had gotten so far out of hand.
    Tecumsea likes this.
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Just got back from Bugle Call ...my feeling in this whole saga

The whole thing regarding Dance has ( as Wayne says ) got so far out of hand ...it's up to those concerned to get this sorted ASAP and get the promised release to the customer in this case Kevin.

Nap
    grasshopper likes this.