1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

What do you think about...

Discussion in 'Miniature Clubs' started by Steve, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Cvikings67 Member

United-States
    I'd be interested in the workshop. I would like to see it as a full scale figure workshop, 75mm or 54mm. But, I do think a bust would be more feasible if a completion at the end of the workshop is in mind. I disagree here Jim, about a bust taking longer than a full figure. Larger brushes take care of this.

It could be on the wednesday and thursday before the show, then on friday it could be an open day at the Hussar for those in the workshop to tie up loose ends before the show without the teach there to lead us.

I also think it should be the same figure for everyone. Not just to follow the instructor, but, to compare your work with everyone else's. Eveyone may use the same colors, but, you may find someone in the class that has a little different technique that stands out. I don't think your just suppose to learn from the instuctor, but, also your peers.

That's my opinion, thanks for reading.
    Chris
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    PLEASE!!!!! feel free to disagree with me at any time Chris. If there are no disagreements, then there are no discussions and then we all get what we get and sit around wondering if we should have said anything.

I have been known to be wrong...well? I was wrong once. But I was wrong, I was right! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I think (correct me if I'm wrong here Steve) this is exactly what Steve and the OK "bunch" are looking for. A discussion with ideas being tossed around in order to "guage the water" to see what people are generally looking for.

Jim Patrick
  3. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yeah, what Jim said.
  4. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Well, I've searched the TM site and I can't find any hint of a Churchill bust. I presume this is a new and unreleased piece? It might be helpful if some pics were posted - painted and unpainted if/when they are available.

Cheers,

Glen
  5. Wigdog Active Member

United-States
    I don't think your just suppose to learn from the instuctor, but, also your peers.

That's my opinion, thanks for reading.
    Chris[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, and this is a point that I previously made. (y)
  6. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Glen, Winnie is a new release.
  7. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Check that Glen. I just asked Mark and it has yet to be released. Half figure with his dress helmet cradled in his right arm, left hand on saber hilt. Very cool.--
  8. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Ok, thanks.
  9. Cvikings67 Member

United-States
    Steve,
    I do like Jims' idea about painting the Highlander. That's a awesome fig, just don't tell Jim he's right about that.

Where can I see the Winston bust?
  10. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Winston is still in the production process. Photos soon as possible.
  11. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    :ROFLMAO: Too late. Somebody let it slip out....

Jim Patrick
  12. tankman3rd4id Member

United-States
    Steve, i would like to be added to the list of people attending. i will paint anything you put in front of me so the figure does not matter to me. I like the idea of holding it with the show.
    RICK.
    Wigdog likes this.
  13. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    OK Rick, you get my house. THANKS MAN!!!
  14. 1937jag New Member

United-States
    Steve,

Having had a great time with the PF session, I really would love to get to yours too, but probably not this time. :(

The one observation I'd like to make based on the PF experience is having the figure pre-cleaned and pre-primed by the students would be a huge plus. We spent much of the first day doing this and some of the quicker guys found themselves almost patiently waiting on us slow-pokes to get over our anal need to get *all* of the seams and flaws corrected perfectly. Also, I personally can swallow a cost of $200+ for a three day session but only two days, with all of the travel expenses also incurred, might be a tad pricey.

Having it as a precurser to the Tulsa show is kind of cool. When is the Tulsa show?

Cheers,
    Doug
    Wigdog likes this.
  15. Mike Davidson Member

United-States
    The Tulsa Show 2012 is June 1st and 2nd (Friday and Saturday).
  16. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for your post Jag. We all agree on having the figure to the attendees in time for them to clean it up and prime it, thus avoiding spending an entire day to do it.