1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

What can I do with this Head?

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by leokc_ng, Sep 1, 2009.

1. leokc_ng Member

Australia
    Went home to visit my parent last week. And I discover a 10 years old modelling clay that I used when I was a teenage. Not sure what type of clay is it(From what I remember it was made in Taiwan and its texture is quit similar to Chavant - NSP clay)

Was really bore one night and I start playing around with this. Using my grandpa photo as reference and I came out with this at the end (Of course doesn't look like him at all :p) The surface is a little rough as I only have toothpick and cutter.

Now what can I do with this head? Planning to turn it into a samurai or a pirat bust.

Any suggest are welcome. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ookami Member

Mexico
    I suggest a pirate bust , it has a more villain face than an hero face on my opinion.
  3. je_touche Member

Germany
    Definitely a bust if it's big enough. Maybe a steampunk villain character?
  4. giorgiomalteser Active Member

Malta
    Forget the Samurai or Pirate Leo. That head would make a spitting image of Margaret Thatcher :D with a little more tweaking and some curly hair.

Think of it. You would have the first ever miniature bust of the Iron Lady. Selling the master would make you rich my friend ;)

margretthatcher.jpg
  5. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Although, the photos are a little dark, IMO, this head has the definite feature of epicanthic folds above the eye, an Asian trait...so I would go with the Samurai.
    Plus the classic Samurai expression is there , too.
  6. leokc_ng Member

Australia
    Hi all, thanks for all the suggestion. :) I am much appreciated.

The head is around the size of your thumb so will be big enought to convert it to a bust. Atm I prefer to sculpt it into some Asian character, as the head has a strong Asian feature. Samurai, or Ancient Chinese Warrior(This is part of my heritage and I don't see lots of them around :rolleyes:)

giorgiomalteser: Do you really think the head look like Margaret Thatcher? Thinking of $$ maybe I should sculpt a bust base of her after this.:D

Thank Guys