1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WH40K Terminator Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, May 11, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Got this in the mail the other day and it is a beauty! The face measures up to roughly 150mm scale, and the width of this bust is almost twice the size of a 200mm bust, its huge!

Started painting the face, in acrylics as always, I tried a new mix and a lot bolder contrast on this one, and I am pretty happy with it and will experiment further with this mix.

Let me know what you think of it!

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is some more pics after a little more painting. The yellow has only received a couple of coats so far. The gray is basically done, will do some weathering on it once the rest is finished. I want to do a banged up Terminator!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. LCoote New Member

Australia
    That's Great Anders! I really like what you've done with the face (y)
  4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent, Anders!

Looking really good so far.

(this is one I've got on the shelf)

:lol:

Rob
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Wow, it looks great! it reminds me a Unreal Tournament 2003 character :)
  6. Patrick Kirk New Member

Anders,
    Best work yet...your flesh tones are excellent!
    Can't wait to see the next stages...
    Thanks for sharing

Patrick
  7. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders,

Nice to have you back and I agree this is some of your best work. I think the only thing that I would do is maybe add some hair strans coming out from the forehead. Just some very tiny ones to show a few here and there. This would help break up the hairline.

Anyway, nice work.

Joe
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for your comments!

Joe,

That might be a good idea! The hair is sculpted like 'straight up', a real tight military style buzz with really square edges, so Im not sure excactly how I would go about it, any suggesstions? Just paint some straight lines down?

Rob,

This is a beauty of a bust, I love the ForgeWorld stuff!
  9. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Hey Anders
    nice job as usual. Once again, I am curious about where you purchased this kit from. I know it is a Forgeworld kit from england, but did you order direct or from a local Games Workshop outlet? I really like some of their busts, but what is shipping like from england?
    Thanks
    Rob
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Rob!

I am not sure where you can get these at as I got it from Thomas (Grizzly) in a trade we did. I will ask him next time I get a chance and let you know.
  11. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey Anders,GREAT JOB on the Space Wolf Terminator (y) (y)!! I would imagine in the 40K universe,these "supermen" would keep a tight rein on their hairstyle,no loose strands anywhere ! Anyhow,having a few loose hairs will certainly help to break-up the monotony of the bust alittle. Just my 2 cents worth.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  12. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    very nice!! (y)

Daniel, it does seem familiar!
  13. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders,that face looks real,good work......
    keep up the good work and you were missed.

Roc. ;)
  14. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Guys!

I will add a little more highlights to the hair, maybe that will do the trick.

Thanks Roc, its nice to have been a little missed :)
  15. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I am fascinated from your eyepainting style.
    Is this bust scrached or to buy.
    I dont know a terminator like that.
    Some kind of machinewarrior?
    where i can get information abaout that?
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Stephan!

Thanks for your nice comments!

This bust is a commercial casting from Forge World. They are a sister company to Games Workshop, the people who does the Warhammer games. This bust is from Warhammer 40K a futuristic Space Marine. You can see more about them at www.gamesworkshop.com