1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Western Doctor - Little Generals

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sippog, Jun 27, 2015.

1. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I don't usually post up WIPs but thought this might be fun to compare and contrast with the excellent version of "Is it Serious?" by JGreen.

The kit is a very heavy white metal 150mm scale and was quite broken so it's taken me a while to get this far. No stethoscope in the box so I've had to make one but hopefully it'll look better painted.

[IMG]
  2. Stephan PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    I do have a lots of little generals, but that one ive never heard from.
    Thanks for showing.
  3. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
  4. Old Pete Active Member

Scotland
    Man but they made some great figures I would have loved to have had those 90mm Crimean Scots but I could not afford them at the time and they were hard to get this side of the pond
  5. Stephan PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    Thanks for the link, I did not know they had such a variety of figures, only have Mountain man from them.
    Keep us updated.
  6. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the link. A lot of nostalgia there. I remember them and that they were too expensive for me at the time.
  7. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A lot of people seem to like Little Generals. There's a thread on this site somewhere that I put up with a lot of info on Ron Hinote and the company - seems that little of his work survived his death which is a shame for somebody with such a lively eye.

Yes, the kits were relatively expensive - $45 dollars doesn't seem much now though for such big metal kits - and hard to get hold of in the UK; I ordered quite a few direct from Ron which was a big deal in the days before the internet ( I sent dollars in envelopes in those days - very risky!)

As I'm on a Little Generals jag, I've decided to tackle another one after Western Doctor. 'Praying Mountain Man' has always been high on my list of LG favourite kits

Lg_MM3.jpg

Figure primed and ready to start painting
    Lg_MM5.jpg