1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Werner Voss

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, May 14, 2010.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Greetings,
    Painting has started with the Werner bust.Still a way to go yet.Vallejo and semco paints are used.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Lee Sang Eon A Fixture

South-Korea
    Very impressive

Each photo looks like 2D painting
  3. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Sang Eon,
    Thanks for the compliment.There is still a way to go,working more on blending after a basic tone is laid down.
    Cheers
    Andy
  4. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Beautifull and unique painting style. Way to go!
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice! Could you post some photos that are not so dark?

All the best,
    Dan
  6. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    This is very new to me. How creative and bold!
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Im working from severel photos of Werner Voss both in the field and in portrait where the light varies.In some photos he seems to have aged probably stress in combat ,in portrait he still has that youthful look.Im trying to add a mix of each image from the black and white images and transfer it into colour.The stress is read mostly in the eyes(which to me tell the story) which give an almost melancholy look about him.
    There has been about 10 hours worked on the face,but before the start there was a lot of time looking at images of him at various veiws and photos probably 10 hours or more .
  8. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    It shows in your rendering of Herr Voss, Andy! This is a masterpiece sofar! What about his haircolour, any idea?

Cheers,

Piet
  9. Lee Sang Eon A Fixture

South-Korea
    I think you don't need to go further blending on face, It shows its own style and I love as it is now. Hope your rest works go well
  10. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I have to agree with Sang that this does not need any more blending. The way that it looks like a painted portrait is so perfect. I would try to paint the rest of the bust in a similar fashion.
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy nearly missed this one. Excellent painting and look forard to following progress.

Cheers Ken
  12. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    G,day,
    The bust is almost complete.this a test photo,I still ahve to work with the light.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

13. dave mosher Active Member

Andy

Very nice figure. As a detail, Voss was initially a husar with 2. Westfalisches Husaren-Regt. Nr. 11, when the war broke out. When he applied for pilot training in August 1915 , we was promoted to Unteroffizier. He was commissioned as a Lt. der Reserve in November 1916. As with most officers in the air service who came from previous units, he would have retained his prior regimental uniform, but with the addition of the flieger props on the shoulder straps. Your figure is wearing a Kleiner Rock (undress tunic), and the insignia would be as such: red piping at the edge of the collar and leading jacket edge, dark green on the collar patches and the shoulder strap piping. The buttons would be in silver. Also, the collar itself, would be in the "apple green" color used in the bluses, and the body of the tunic would be in feldgrau. Hope this is of value to you.

Regards

Dave