1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Werner Moelders - Alpine Miniatures - 1/16 - Completed

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Thanks for commenting Ron, Graham, Johan, Ralph, Francky, Carl, Johan, Nick, Nicolae, Ski, John, Lars, Joe, Pedro, Jeff, Pekka, Patrick, Demoh, and magnificent sculptor Mike! And thanks as well to everyone who 'liked'. Very pleased you like the result.

For the leather I used a base coat of Vallejo chocolate brown, lighted with orange brown 981 and shaded with black. Then I used about 5 similar but different colours to get a variety in tones. Dark red is the most important one of this. Red on the mid-tones really brings leather alive.
    After this I stippled on a few coats of thinned Vallejo satin varnish. It came out a bit glossier than intended, but OK.
    After the varnish I used burnt umber, brown sand and iraqi sand (in that order) to go over edges and other areas of wear. The contrast between the glossy leather and matte wear parts is very pleasing to do.
    Finally I went over all dark edges with black, outlining things.

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Pekka, Graham and NickM like this.
  2. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Excellent, nicely done.
    Ferris likes this.
  3. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work!!
    Ferris likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Adrian. The leathers are fabulous.

Marc
    Ferris likes this.
  5. Ferris A Fixture

Thanks Mike, Teasung and Marc. Glad you like him.

Adrian