1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Werner Mölders

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Planeters, right now I'm working on this beatiful upcoming figure from Alpine Miniatures in 1/16 scale, sculpted by a great master Mike Good, a pleasure so far to paint.

The first head of two it's not complete yet, still to add more blendings, extreme highlights, etc, etc.

Hope you like it
    ER

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Sam Active Member

Malta
    very nice ernesto :)
  3. winston Active Member

France
    Great Ernesto!!!!
  4. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great as ever Ernesto!!!

Ray ;)
  5. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    :eek: ... well I'll be ... !!?!

Matter of fact I was JUST wondering if Alpine Miniatures would ever do a 1/16 Luftwaffe pilot figure ! (y) incredible !! what a great figure !

(and I hope Mike Good will do Sailor Malan as well now, but I dare not ask ...:eek: )
  6. Ferris A Fixture

Even if you stopped painting right here, the face would score top marks from me....
    Very neat paintwork!

And incredibly crisp sculpt by Mike.

Adrian
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I love this ernesto,dont see many good luftwaffe subjects but this one is exceptional,looking forward to the rest of the post.

Brian (y)
  8. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great so far! ;)
  9. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thanks guys for your comments and thank you Teasung for give me the oportunity to paint this cool figure, hope to paint more and more of Mike's figures :)
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb start Ernesto.
    Carl.
  11. Fabricio_Fay Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Hola Ernesto!!!!

Superb work!!!
    I realy enjoy the flash tone!!!!

Saludos
  12. meizi Active Member

China
    Wow, looks very nice so far!
  13. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    I'm sorry, but I cant stop seeing Dracula's teeth, because the highlights at the corners of the mouth seem too white for me.
    Except that, I like what you've done.

JP
  14. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Yes, that was fixed, also some other stuff but I still don't post the new pictures.
  15. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Ernesto, great start on this splendid sculpt from Mike, watching.
    Les
  16. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Superb flesh paint as usuall !

And master Mike masterfull sculpt !
  17. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Yes a great start old friend - I like Mike Goods work very much, look forward to hearing how you handle the Luftwaffe blue/grey. If you can give us some tips.
  18. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    In very much the same rein as the previous collaboration with Alpine, for which I voted with my money. Similarities aside, the jacket here is quite a catch and to me it makes the figure more than anything else.

A bit of side-tracking if I may: Alpine's major distributor in Hong Kong is a giant who solely distributes Dragon Models and calls the brand its own. Its selling price for Alpine figures recently went up quite a bit: 1/16: fromn aboutHKD 450 to just below HKD 550. 1/35: from about HKD 150 to about HKD 190.

I asked the "pay or f**k off" shop managers (they all are like this in the three branches) why the rise. 1. Inflation? (big problem in HK now, but on the other hand USD is very weak so the two ends should offset) 2. Pushing for more margin? They admit it's the margin.

Long story short, it takes more thinking now than ever for me to commit to an Alpine buy. All my expenditure on Alpine is because of my respect for the company's owner. The Hong Kong distributor is a rather nasty part of the whole experience.

End of Story.
  19. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Let's see more Ernesto! (y)
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    As always stunning start and awesome finish.
    LOoking forward to the last.

marc