1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Welcome from Arkansas, USA

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Mellow Yellow, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Mellow Yellow New Member

United-States
    I just recently found this site and have been impresed by the quality of the content on the site. I have been working exclusively in figures for the last four years but have been modeling off and on most of my life. I prefer working with the large scale fantasy/anime figures because of the dynamic poses they are often cast. I am very interested in improving my abilities so I would prefer straight forward criticism and suggestions instead a list of "Awesome", "That looks great" when we all know it needs some help. So, I am interested in joining into the community of figure builders and getting better at what I do. I have found that figure painters have better developed eyes when looking at models.

Tom
    gordy and Mark S like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Hello Tom, glad you decided to join in.
    Carl.(y)
  3. Mark S Guest

G'day Tom,
    Nice to see you here.
    Don't worry I'll tell you if it's crapp.
    Anyway the best thing here is that there is a huge library of 'how to's' and 'this is what I do's' which makes this place highly valuable.
    Cheers...Mark S.
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome aboard Tom! Have a great visit and many more. (y)
  5. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    Welcome Tom;
    I like the way you think. Straight, up & up critique, no lukewarm comments. I'm back in the hobby after a 35 year hiatus (I'm 52) and am a professional visual artist, but a newbie to figures. I want realistic and constructive advice, tempered with a sense of humor, because after all, for most of us, this is a hobby. For me, medals are great, but not my reason for painting - I like the research and history of projects, the commaraderie at shows and seminars, but that's me.

This is a great forum/site and I have received great help when asked. There is a wealth of knowledge, sometimes opinionated, but it's all good.

Tony S (TDY in IL from WI)
  6. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    hi Tom,
    Nice to meet you mate.
    Gells.
  7. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Howdy Tom, I know you'll enjoy your stay. There lots of healthy eyes here at the Planet (y)!!

Joe
  8. Mellow Yellow New Member

United-States
    Thanks for the nice welcome Carl, Mark, Gordy, Tony, Grant, and Joe.
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome Tom! Grew up and went to High School in Stuttgart and two years of college at U of A Fayetteville. WHOOO Pigs!

All the best,
    Dan