1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Weird Western?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by DaveG, May 27, 2012.

1. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    I wonder if any of you are also still reading comic books and are fans of the so-called Weird Western genre. The mixing of traditional Old West characters with vampires, zombies, werewolves and other supernatural characters and themes makes for some truly epic entertainment as far as I'm concerned. Check out "Helldorado: East Eats West" from Ape Entertainment for example. :eek::sneaky:(y)

Closest example of a comic book-esque cowboy I've seen is the excellent looking Black-Jack figure from Scale 75 (still have to get him).

I am just curious about the level of interest among painters and producers in seeing more products from the Weird Western universe?
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Some decent Jonah Hex models might be nice or Deadlands stuff ie this guy [IMG]
  3. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    There we go. I know I couldn't possibly be the only fan of this stuff. :)
  4. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    i'l come out too! I always have a liking to the western used in scifi and zombie scenario's. Nothing like a hero with a tortured soul and a duster flaping in the wind. stir the excitement.

Jay
  5. Jazz A Fixture

England
    I have never heard of the mags you mentioned Dave, but I agree with you about the Black Jack figure. Got to get that one day. There seems to be an increase in Steampunk figures lately, which is really great. So who knows, maybe we shall be getting more Wierd Western figures. The new movie, "Cowboys and Aliens" may start a trend.