1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Website takes forever to load in Quebec, Canada

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bigtodd, Apr 15, 2018.

1. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I am on a business trip in Quebec City and notice that all of the pages take a long time to load. At first I thought it was the service provider but was wrong. I tried accessing it at the office (Cable connection)and found it takes just as long. We are talking 30-60 seconds for a page to display. I see no delays in other figures sites just PlanetFigure????!!!!!???

FYI, I get the same delays if I use different browsers Chrome or IE11. When traveling across the USA no delays.

I thought I would pass this info along to whom it may concern.

Cheers,
    Todd
  2. Graham A Fixture

England
    Sometimes very slow in UK also over last few days.
    1969 and valiant like this.
  3. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    well ok from here and I am in Qc
  4. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    ok but slower than usual - my Antivirussoftware tells me that it has blocked more than twenty attempts to gather data while starting the front page of the forum - the majority of them from social networks - especially google plus. Switching to this thread I can see still ten blocked attempts. Maybe something Pavel as admin of PF has to think about.
  5. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    No problems here in Calgary and I 'm on the Planet everyday.

Gary
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Slow for me in the U.K for about two weeks now.

Steve
    valiant likes this.
  7. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    There has been a definite slowdown here in the Dominican Republic in the last few days.
  8. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

And me!
    1969 likes this.
  9. Graham A Fixture

England
    Ironically, just loaded this page from ‘what’s new’ and it took 45 seconds :)
    theBaron likes this.
  10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah, I'm seeing some slow performance from here, too. Cable internet connection from RCN, running on a Win10 laptop, using Firefox 59.0.2. I clicked to like Graham's post above, got the progress indicator for a minute, it went away but my like didn't show. Repeated that, then refreshed the page and it finally showed. I also had slow performance replying to another post using the Quote feature. The response text panel opened immediately, but it took about a minute for the quote to show up. I'm not seeing this behavior with other websites. Maybe it's an issue with the forum's host server.

Prost!
    Brad
  11. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Slower than usual here in Australia as well
  12. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    It's better today. I've cleared my browser cache, though, too.

Prost!
    Brad
  13. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Major slowdown of the website today in Dominican republic. In fact every change of page temporarily freezes my web browser for up to 20 seconds. Same on phone and tablet. No other internet issues
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mine is taking longer than usual to open threads and list replies to them.
    John
  15. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Mine as well. But having troubles with other sites too