1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

web site Pirates

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ronaldo, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Ronaldo A Fixture

This is just one of my moans:)

I find it ever increasing to my annoyance when trying to log onto sites to do with the hobby ,first up is Pintrest and all other parasites piggy backing .

And have just noticed that the Metal Models ( Soldats du Plomb ) have changed since Bruno's retirement and in my opinion not for the best as all the colour reference has vanished .

Ron
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pinterest is a bag o' shite and needs nuking.

- Steve
  3. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well done chaps... nothing like a bit of a rant now and then. I fully agree with both of you - but haven't mentioned
    it before in case I became typecast as a creaky hidebound reactionary (which although true is not necessarily useful
    to have confirmed). Rock on .......

Mike
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I like a good rant every now and then but you've got me worried. I must be using Pintresr wrong because I find it dead handy. If I search for example for Greek shield patterns I get images of hundreds of examples including many painted models. OK its no use for context or historical veracity but for that I use search engines.
    OldTaff and peedee like this.
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I have a huge and expensive collection of military Books now rendered largely redundant by Pintrest. Having said that if I want to look something up Pintrest is the first place I look. With a book collection you either need an expansive index or photographic memory....sadly I have neither.

I do wonder however how Pintrest get around copyright legislation? or is it the usual lack of international law governing the Internet?

Keith
    DEL likes this.
  6. Ronaldo A Fixture

On its own its good for research but what irks me is every time you do a search up they pop and then you get pestered with what they think you might like
    peedee likes this.
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  8. Ronaldo A Fixture

peedee likes this.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    peedee likes this.
  10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I thought Pintrest was mostly for chicks to post pictures they found while surfing the Web.

Prost!
    Brad
  11. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    It just comes so easy :D
    peedee likes this.
  12. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    You can also be more creative when trying to add pictures
    I made a test, loading some pictures from my Serie 77 under the name mdondrag
    in that case you find exactly what you put in, no more no less
    try : open Pintinterest, fill the search engine with the words "serie 77" you have a menu that open and amongst them, one referenced as mdondrag,click n it
  13. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States

Everyone gets popups Ron,.....very tough to ignore,..I don't think anyone likes it....Just don't let yourself get madder than a box of frogs. You might end up screwing up a good paint job and putting yourself in a bad mood.
  14. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  15. Ronaldo A Fixture

DEL likes this.
  16. Helm A Fixture

England