1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Weapon Collection

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Yuma2452, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Yuma2452 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi,
    As a retired soldier of 44 years service in the British Army I am lucky enough to be still connected through being a friend of the Small Arms School Corp Weapon Collection held at the Combat Training Centre on Salisbury Plain in UK.
    It is a large collection of Primarily Small Arms from Pistols to Heavy Machine Guns dating from earliest times up to the present. If any member of the Plane Figure Fraternity needs help with weapon details or needs photos taken to assist in a project I am more than happy to help.
    The collection can be visited but as you can appreciate it is held on a military base and clearance has to be sort before any visit, particulalry as most of the collection is in working order. Again if anybody wishes to visit please contact me through this medium and I will see what can be done.
    Hope this can be of help to any fellow modellers. Yuma2452
  2. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Yuma2452
    great offer thanks

John
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Nice one, aah lovely Salisbury plain, who were you with Yuma ? There's a fair few of us ex service blokes on here
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Glad you dropped in Yuma.
    Salisbury plain, know it all too well.:grumpy:
    I can imagine one person that would like to take a look.
    Carl.(y)
  5. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    NO you can't make me go back there...its a trick isn't it!?
    Yuma2452 likes this.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  7. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Only time I want to go back there (other than said collection) is to see it turned into a giant car park without a blade of grass to be seen :sneaky: :whistle:
  9. Yuma2452 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Helm, I joined in 1964 as a junior leader, then went to 1st Battalion the Queens Surreys, which later became 1st Battalion The Queens Regiment. In 1981 joined the Small Arms School Corps. Left the Regulars in 1989,then became Assisant Author Infantry Publications as a Non Regular Permanent Staff until 2008 when I left. Spent the last 3 years as Editor in Chief for the Publications Department of the United Arab Emirates Armed Forces in Abu Dhabi.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Nice one interesting career I had forgotten about the SASC. Looking forward to seeing your figure work and I know one bloke here who will be all over you for info when he sees this!
  11. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I for one would definitely be very interested in having someone with first hand access to weapons to help me with producing more scale firearms, is the Combat Training Centre the old School of Infantry? I spent my last two years there before discharge.
    here is a link to my website which primarily sells scale firearms for modellers. https://sites.google.com/site/reedeesminiatures/
    look forward to chatting with you soon, would be great to get back down and visit the place again.

Steve
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    Haha told you so. ;-)
  13. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Didn't take him long.;)
    Carl.(y)
  14. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Didn't take him long.;)
    Carl.(y)
  15. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I was a day behind on this one, must be slipping (n)

Steve:)
  16. Helm A Fixture

England
    Old age mate comes to us all. o_O
  17. Yuma2452 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Steve, it was the old School of Infantry, now called the Combined Arms Training Centre. If you need any help please let me know. I can arrange a visit, they will be happy for visitors as they are trying to widen the appeal and the more that visit the better. Geoff
  18. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Geoff, I hope we can sort something out sometime so I can come down for the day.

All the best

Steve
  19. Helm A Fixture

England
    You just know Steve is hopping up and down with excitement bless :ROFLMAO:
  20. Helm A Fixture

England
    You just know Steve is hopping up and down with excitement bless :ROFLMAO:
    1969 likes this.