1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"We shall be in one of the bloodiest civil wars that history has recorded."

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by garyjd, Apr 12, 2011.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    On April 12, 1861 at 4:30 AM the Civil War began with the bombardment of Fort Sumter. This events marks one of the many 150th Anniversary commemorations. ~Gary
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the heads up Gary
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I clearly remember my first introduction to the ACW, probably about 45 years or so ago a series of collector cards came out. These cards were so graphic, depicting the true horror of a civil war that they were banned in my primary school.
    These like many things, Aurora Knights, original Corgi Bond AM DB5 etc, that I had full sets of and didn't keep, remain a constant regret.
    Cheers
    Derek
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  4. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    yes i remember these cards, you got a small strip of gum and confederate money plus your card with scene on one side and a small history of scene on the reverse side. we used to swap them to get complete set/happy days.badger
    DEL and Paul Kernan like this.
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Good God in Govan Badger......that's what I call delayed reaction ;)
    I remember years ago getting the chance to see the full set of these cards again.
    George.......'Old Trousers' has them in his collection of all things ACW as well as an encyclopaedic knowledge of the subject.
    Just remembering the many things disposed of over the years.....another regret was the Buntline Special. Don't know who brought it out but I remember I got it for my 7th birthday. ...... as you say Happy Days (y)
    Cheers
    Derek
  6. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    i think these cards were reproduced a few years ago, does anyone know where i can get them as the originals are too expensive/badger
  7. polyphemus Well-Known Member

I remember the ACW set and the notorious Mars Attacks set.

Geoff
  8. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Mars Attack ....... there's one I'd blanked out. Seem to remember one where a guy was being dissected by the Martians.
    Makes a change from what went on at Roswell ;)
  9. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ah,

I thought this title was regarding Scotlands independence.

Och well.

Gells
    Helm likes this.
  10. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    i got my mate a reproduction set of mars attack, but i cant remember where i got them?some online site a couple of years ago./badger
  11. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I remember the ACW cards as a 10ish year old.... confederate's where my favourites
  12. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    There was only one card that was commeratively published by Topps from the Civil War series. It is very hard to find a complete set of the originals in any condition let alone a decent price. Mars Attacks and Dinosaurs Attacks were reprinted by Topps. One of my my favorites in the Dinosaur series was Triceratops Terror where he had a person skewered on each horn.
    Bob