1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Watson

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Andrew Craft, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi all I started this guy yesterday, it's a great little figure nice and clean crisp casting. Here is where I am at, still have some areas to tidy up but it's just about there. It's a little one as far as busts go 1/12th, it's been tricky for me to keep natural looking and not over highlight. Anyway here are some progress pics, feel free to critique.
    Thanks,
    Andrew.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352276780.004497.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352276791.184881.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352276803.104535.jpg
    crf and NickM like this.
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Lovely looking bit of work Andrew very well painted ;) bit dubious about the pink tie though!

Steve
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    You painted that all in a day!!!!! Thats about a weeks work for me, minimum. Nice start though on this nice kit, did you get Sherlock as well?
    Ben
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The face looks superb.
    You might want to have a look at the medal colour.
    Carl.(y)

Attached Files:

5. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Very tidy work Andrew ! That Is some quick brush work ! The black areas are very well done. The sculpt appears to have one eye slightly wider ?

Carlos
  6. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks for the comments everyone.
    It didn't take long about 4hrs painting to this stage, it would of been faster if I primed him first but I thought I'd try it without primer... It took a lot more coats to get the paint to stick.
    Ben I do have Sherlock, they came as a set.
    Thanks for the pic of the medal Carl, I will brighten the colours up a bit.
    Carlos yes one eye is open wider he has a raised eyebrow for expression.

Andrew.