1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Waterloo dio in progress

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mikec55, May 25, 2007.

1. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd post some in progress shots of Andrea's Waterloo diorama. If anyone decides to do this one, be very careful about matching the correct heads with the correct bodies. I made an accidental conversion with the heads of the rifleman & the eagle holder. I couldn't understand why I had to do so much carving to get the rifleman's head to fit. Any & all criticisms greatly appreciated.

The rifleman & the base are both finished but the horse & the eagle holders are still in progress. If the rifle looks bent, it is. My daughter's cat jumped on my workarea & bent it into a u shape.
    Finally, I'd like to thank Einion, Jim Patrick, Old Pete, & Paul Kelly for advice they gave me with various questions before starting.

Mike

Attached Files:

2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Mike, there are no thanks needed (at least on my part). Your dio is REALLY looking nice. I have always liked dioramas or vignettes over single figures because of the scene, mood, groundwork, all of it comes into play (not that I have done any dios or vignettes lately!). Yours is definately fitting the part. As far as a critique, hmmmmmm, 'bout the only thing I can see is there doesn't seem to be enough groundwork on the boots and lower legs of the soldiers on the ground. Don't over do it, just bring it up slightly. If it's already there, it's not showing in the photos. Not sure which, but one of the two is true. As far as the cat goes, it's easier the straighten the cat than the barrel. At least I think so. LOL!

Seriously Mike, I really like the progress. Make sure you keep us posted.

Jim Patrick
  3. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Jim,

Thanks for the input. I haven't dirtied up the eagle holders yet. I was waiting to attach them to the base before doing that. I have done that with the rifleman but it more noticeable from a front view. Unfortunately, the front view pics were pretty useless this time. Once I'm done with the horse & attach the 2 guys, I'll post some, hopefully, better pictures.

Thanks again,

Mike
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Looks really good.Be careful with your cat.
  5. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Vergilius,

Thank you. I don't like cats.