1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Watercolour pencil on top acrylic paint

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by BESPJL, Jul 29, 2019.

1. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Hi,

does any anyone knows if watercolour pencils (like Derwent) can be applied on top of acrylic paints with good results?

Cheers,
    Paulo
  2. hypertex Active Member

United-States
    I've done it, but I don't know if the results were good. I could only get one layer of the pencils to stick. If I tried to apply the pencil to an area that already had a pencil mark on it, it wouldn't work--it wouldn't make a new mark over the previous one. The first mark would hold on fine. That trial was a few years ago, and I haven't used them since.

Of course, your results may vary.
  3. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Thanks.

Any particular brand?
  4. Viper30 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Mig ..do several sets of pencils that’s specific to use in the way you describe.
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Paulo,
    AK interactive do some specific pencils for augmenting the weathering process over acrylics. Lester in our club has done a few demo's with them and the results were very effect although all of these demo's were on armour and planes. I could see some specific uses for figures though.
    cheers
    Richie
  6. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Thanks Richie.
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    This ? https://www.wikihow.life/Use-Watercolor-Pencils

So you paint with acrylics ( water based ) then you use pen then again water to disolve the drawing into a "blotch" and perhaps disolving the acrylic layer at the same time !
    I would try first on a simple sheet of plastic to see the effects, must be very difficult to master .

Best and let us know
  8. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal

Thanks Mirofsoft (y)
  9. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ive seen armor guys do it should be ok maybe try it on a inconspicuous spot