1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Washing....

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Maglar, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Maglar Member

United-States
    hey guys, i've been doing a practice model lately and practicing all the techniques and I can wash. But I was wondering is there any specific thinner to paint ratios or anything because I want to get it on lockdown and I don't know what a proper wash is.

Mag~
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    When I do a wash on a beard, or fur cape I mix s 4:1 ratio mix. Sometimes 5:1 ratio. 1 drop of paint to every 4 or 5 drops of thinner. I very rarely use fresh thinner and I always paint the base coat with 2 coats and make sure its thoroughly dry before I apply the wash. I assume you were talking about enamels.
  3. Maglar Member

United-States
    Yes I am talking enamels, I want to wash some dark shadows into the portholes on my boat and I didnt know ratios for it. Should I just dip the brush into the mix and wipe it over the holes or let it " drip " into them?