1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for November Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM November

Warsaw Uprising

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Piotr Czyz, May 12, 2004.

1. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hello all,

First of all I would like to introduce myself. I'm 27, my name is Piotr Aleksander Czyż (rather hard to pronounce for English speaking people, isn't it?;)), currently I live in Warsaw (Poland). I'm keen on many things but one of my most important interests is figure’s modeling. I'm also one of the moderators on our Polish modeler’s forum. I will present here some of my old and current works which are connected with sculpting.

I hope that you'll excuse my bad English, which isn't my native language.

Below you can find some photo of my first sculpture (almost sculpture, I used also some casting, let's say 50-50 sculpture) - maybe it's hard to believe but those two soldiers (figures, faces, bags, equipment but not the helmet and Thompson) are made from plaster (Ca0 - ordinary wall plaster, which you can buy in your nearest Home Depot, Castorama or whatever your shop's name is).

I'm not so proud with these figures, but it was my first attempt. I wanted to make figures to be similar to the photo from the Warsaw Uprising '44. Tommy gun is made from plastic boxes which were previously containers for Chinese food. I’ve found painting as the worst part of that work (I hate that German pea pattern) - but I'm keep trying to improve my painting abilities. One more thing - that's 1/16 scale.

Original photo->
    [IMG]

Some stages on my work ->
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Final effect ->
    [IMG]
    [IMG]]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

More of building process and more photos you can find on our page (I'm not sure that linking to another modeler’s web page is allowed here - please let me know - I haven't found this rule). Even though text on the pages is in Polish, there is more pictures, which I hope you find it interesting.

First part -> http://www.modelarstwo.org.pl/figurki/gale...erze/index.html
    Second part -> http://www.modelarstwo.org.pl/figurki/gale...ncy2/index.html

I'm sorry for extremely slow connection - we have got temporary difficulties with connection's speed. Take a break and make good café during downloading ;). I hope that we will improve that in the nearest future.

More of my current works coming soon. I appreciate all comments.

Regards,
    Piotr
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I love them Piotr......Amazing to be done in wall plaster.........you've done an excellent job.. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow! All that from wall plaster? Phew, would love to see what you can do with some 'real' putty! Great job!
  4. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Piotr,that's some AMAZING stuff you've done there (y) (y) !! Who would've thought wall plaster can be used for such work ! Good job there ! Looking forward to some more stuff from you and your friends from Poland.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:

BTW,welcome to the "planet",Piotr !
  5. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hello all on the Planet, thank you very much for all comments. I recently add some posts about my latest project. Thanks for your nice opinions, especially that your figures are very good, guys. I feel like real beginner (and I am ;) ) in comparison with your works.
    A few words about wall plaster. Why I have chosen so strange material for sculpting? Because I didn’t have enough knowledge at that time about different materials. Now, thanks to Kamil Sztarbala, I’m happy user of milliput which is really great material. And what is maybe funny I’m a real expert on the plasters’ subject :) There is so many kinds of plasters – fast drying, slow drying, white, gray, hard after drying, soft, with small plaster’s particles – and every sort you can find in your local shop with materials ;) But at that moment plaster had for me the biggest advantage – it was cheap – that was the main reason why I chose it.

Regards,

Piotr