1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Warsaw uprising '44

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Piotr Czyz, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi,

I have just started (again) a new bust which is going to present one of the young fellows who where fighting for our freedom back in 1944 in Warsaw.
    The head and the helmet I sculpted long time ago (about half a year).
    [IMG]
    The VIS pistol – I remember that I spent a while trying to sculpt those tiny letters VIS and FB – check the below pictures) – please note the match size to have a nice comparison.

[IMG]

But now it is a good time to finish it. I will probably add a grenade and a belt tomorrow.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

All comments are really appreciated. I will upload more pictures soon as I advance with the bust.
    Regards,
    Piotr
  2. ruderogo New Member

looks very good so far. i love the random!
  3. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Thanks for the comment - Love the random? What do you mean?

Today a small update - I have just added the pointing finger, the granade and the belt. Tommorow I'm going to make belt's buckler and first part of Waffen SS Type I M38 Smock.

[IMG]

Regards, Piotr
  4. ruderogo New Member

wow i feel silly, i ment i love the Radom pistol.

anyways, it looks great thus far
  5. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Ok :) Radom - That was exacly what I thought - The pistol still requires some additional work. BTW Radom is the city where the VIS pistols were produced. Even today there in Radom you can find arms factories and you can buy modern VIS replica.

Piotr
  6. Parkadge Member

Ireland
    Your work looks great Piotr. What scale is it? By coincidence I have just started reading RISING 44 "The Battle for Warsaw" by Norman Davies.
  7. ruderogo New Member

oi, ive read that also. davies's writing is hard to read and so is going to the back of the book to figure out who the real persons name is, because he constantly uses the persons codename, but its full to the brim with facts.
  8. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    The figure is 1/9 scale, so is quite big. I have decided (thanks to Jacek's Spychalski idea) that he will be coming out from the severs (which were used to communicate during uprising).
    Norman Davis - yes, he did really great job to share history of Poland for english readers (he also wrote a book about history of Poland - 'Poland - The God's Playground' and also other books connected somehow with Poland).
    ruderogo -> I've got the same difficulties to read it with those codenames but I thought that those codenames would be easier to read and to remember for non-polish readers.

Regards, Piotr

P.S. More pictures soon :)

[IMG]
  9. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
  10. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
  11. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work Piotr...I like the changes you've made...looks like you're as bad as me for changing your mind.. :) ...I think he's looking great..
    I have something in the pipeline to honour the '44 uprising...keep up the great work....definately your best yet...I think...keep us up to date.

All the best...Roy
  12. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Piotr,

he looks pretty good to me.

I´m looking forward to see him finished.

Cheers,
    Markus