1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Warriors of the desert,54mm. Part 2

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by igorkordyukov, Nov 1, 2011.

1. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Hello dear friends and colleagues!
    Presenting photos of the second Bedouin-rider
    Scale-54 mm. Materials-Fimo, Premo, Apoxie.
    The figure is made in a single copy for private collector.
    Regards.
    Igor

Attached Files:

GARRY, elgreco, Hart and 13 others like this.
  2. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
  3. captfue Active Member

United-States
    WOW! Fantastic work like the way you create action from a signle figure
  4. Einion Well-Known Member

Very impressive Igor, also the previous camel is excellently done (thanks for the link back Kaz).

Einion
  5. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    you're welcome Einion, and I found that these two pieces are one-off. that's a shame.
  6. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Kazufumi , Anthony ,Einion -many thanks for your kind words, dear friends!
  7. Don Well-Known Member

What a wonderful piece Igor and I do like your idea.
    I do have a problem with this camels running pose though. Your first camel of the two is super but the this one is wrong. If a camel is running at speed it runs with a very unusual gait which uses both legs on the same side on the ground at the same time with the other two on the otherside moving to the next position. I know its strange to picture as they walk like a horse or other animals even when moving a little faster than walking, but when running they change to this method which causes them to sway quite a lot as the body moves from side to side.
    For your running camel to be correct both the nearside (to the camera ) would need to be firmly on the ground.
    Everything else about your camel is wonderful and the first camel is superb. Sorry if this causes you any problem.

Don
    PS seen lots of wild camels out in the desert, biggest herd of around 1400 and when they run they are really impressive.
  8. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Dear Don, thank you for your practical help! I use your experience in the manufacture of third rider!
    In the sculpture of this rider, I used this couple of photos

Attached Files:

9. Don Well-Known Member

Igor I have had a look at your photos and think the first one agrees with me, both on the same side however the second shows (to me) three legs off the ground.
    Since I posted my thoughts, based on working where I saw camels every day, I have checked a few sites and find that in camel racing some show photos of all feet off the ground. This can only be where they are racing at around 20-25 miles and hour.
    The drivers we met did say that if they didnt have two legs on the ground they would fall over. Perhaps I have been listening to to many old arab folk tales.
    Didnt want to cause any problems with this just that after years working with them I had never seen it like you model it, as i said your first camel is beautiful.
    Don

Even had one owner shooting at us blaming us for killing one of his camels. We had to bring the police about 50miles over the desert to help with that one.
  10. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Dear Don,
    Thank you again for your practical advice. They will help me improve my next job!
    Maybe you have not noticed, but on the first photo of a camel feet on the ground are from different sides. I just copied this picture in my sculpture.
    Yours faithfully.

Attached Files:

11. Ferris A Fixture

Very nice pieces Igor. I like the dynamics.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  12. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Adrian- thanks a lot, dear friend!
  13. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb work Igor, true to the illustration.
    Carl.(y)
  14. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Carl- thanks a lot for warm words, dear friend!
  15. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    igor, beautifully done! outstanding work!
  16. MINIATURE-ART New Member

Greece
  17. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    fantastic work

Hendryk
  18. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    William,Theodorikas, Hendryk - thanks a lot, dear friends!
    I am glad that my figure like!
  19. Hart Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Oh, mighty. All of the sudden this cameldude jumps out, it was soo random kinda. In the
    live - eye not detach. Best piece, Igor.
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very impressive sculpting.

marc