1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Warrior of the North

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Reddo, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    Hi All

Just working my way thru this bust, however, i'm using a range of paints that are extremely matt (scale 75). Although I quite like the effect on the skin, hair and leather seem to look too flat. I'm in 2 minds

about hitting some areas with satin varnish - love some opinions.
    1508211_771022499673243_1992201829479664566_n.jpg 12049507_770604426381717_3448467611571181427_n (1).jpg
    Martin64, Huw63, Scotty and 5 others like this.
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hello Reddo,
    I paint flesh in oils and some times they come out too shinny.
    I cannot paint flesh in acrylics, if my life depended on it. I think you have done a great job.
    Regards
    Reddo likes this.
  3. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Leather varies and isn't always shiny.
    The face looks very good.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Reddo likes this.
  4. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Personally, I don't think flesh or leather look right if they're too flat :).
    Reddo likes this.
  5. cinimod Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Reddo.
    A lot of it is personal preference. Definitely matt for clothing and you could try different mixes of matt/satin varnish perhaps. Looking good so far.........dom
    Reddo likes this.
  6. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    12191855_772359962872830_1388382729333474699_n.jpg

Applying some NMM. This is the largest scale I have ever done this technique on. At correct viewing distance it can certainly fool you, but I was hesitant to do it on a bust scale..
    Martin64, Huw63 and Jeff T like this.
  7. Huw63 A Fixture

Switzerland
    I'm dabbling with acrylics at present and haven't a defniite conclusion just yet. I do like your nmm paintwork though and intend trying this soon.

Cheers

Huw
    Reddo likes this.