1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Warpaint Studio

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Panzer, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    I just picked this up from Warpaint studio.
    I was so impressed with it that I'm in negotiations to purchase the master.
    The figure is 1/6 scale and just magnificent. 20150610_120524-1.jpeg
    Noel Walker, Nap, ellie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Very Cool.

Dillinger?
  3. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Not sure, but very interesting pose and sculpt.
  4. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

It does look very cool. Not Capone - not stocky enough. Dillinger would be the right era with the Thompson.
  5. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    These were master/proofs that were going to be used for the Dusty Trails series of 1/12 and larger action figures. Some that he sells actually made it to market, and some, like this one, were never released before DT went under. He does nice casting, and at least a few of the figs were sculpted by John Rosengrant. The US Army Ranger D-day fig he sells in 1/6 is fantastic. I wish I could afford to by a few of the figs that he sells. I'm not sure this one is meant to be any gangster in particular, more of a generic Mafioso.
    Nap likes this.
  6. colonnello kurz Active Member

Australia
    Very nice,maybe skinny arm and Shoulders and big head?...or is just the picture?
    engeee and crf like this.
  7. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    looks good something a little different should do very well indeed. best of luck with him.

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  8. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks dude. It is my sculpt.

He is simply a generic "gangster". It was pretty much the only one of those sculpts I really liked and the only one of the Dusty Trails sculpts that i never received a casting of.....
    Mike - The Kiwi and Nap like this.
  9. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Looks like Machine Gun Jack McGurn to me, alleged organizer of the St. Valentines Massacre.:love:

Bob
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Heads up: ****ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2015 RESURRECTED!!!!****

I usually try to avoid doing this but I stumbled across this old thread by chance while looking for something else, and having seen this figure last weekend on the IMMC display tables at the Easingwold show I thought I'd just share a photo to show how it looks painted up.

I'd never seen this figure before nor heard of "Dusty Trails" and am now intrigued to find out more about this range (which from what you say Jason is now defunct). The D-Day U.S. Ranger was there as well but I was unable to manouevre to get a good angle on him. Talking to one of the IMMC guys the figure cost (at the time) US$150 to buy plus another GBP 50 to import to the UK. So not cheap, but VERY impressive large-scale prices.

Gangster.JPG

- Steve
    Nap likes this.