1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Warhammer Chaos Sculpt

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Armornv, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Armornv Member

United-States
    Hiya folks! Thought I would go ahead and post a couple of pics of my second sculpt even though my first is nowhere remotely near done :)
    If any of you saw my first one, hopefully you will agree that this mannequin is a little closer to correct. I still think it needs a bit of tweaking before I can start throwing armor at it but again, I think it's a much better effort than my first. I have also started using MagicSculpt which I like much better than Milliput.

Ok, as you might have guessed, this will be another fantasy guy, also from a video game. More specifically, from a trailer for a video game. It will be a Chaos warrior from the Warhammer world. This one will also be in 90mm. Right now he is ~95mm to the top of his head. In the trailer, they are quite large. In the video game as well as the miniature range, they appear to be roughly "normal" sized.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5_artLPmws
    (the guys in red armor...if there was any doubt lol)
    The trailer was far better than the game itself IMO :)
    The shield is almost done, the sword has a good start to it.

By all means, if you see anything jump out as being T totally wrong let me know. Or, if something just doesn't look right.
    Thanks for looking and I look forward to your comments and suggestions!!!!
    Thanks folks!

Clint

On to the pics..
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work on the shield, I realize this dude is buff, but he needs some monster traps and some head elevation to go with those shoulders ;)
  3. Armornv Member

United-States
    Thanks Gordy! Now that you say that and I look at the pics, I have to agree. They are kind of non existent. I'll throw some on tomorrow and raise the bottom of the head a bit. I reckon I'll have to add on a bit to the top of head as well. I'll try to get another pic with the changes tomorrow night.
    Thanks again!

Clint
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sure thing Clint! :)
  5. Armornv Member

United-States
    Well here's another update for this guy. Long time in the works but progress none the less. I have pretty much abandoned my first attempt at sculpting as the more I see it, the more I realize how out of whack the whole thing is. As I said in the first post, I think this a much better attempt. The legs are basically done. I just need to make the knee guards, which I have a feeling they will be a major pain in the neck to get right. Also the pics have shown a few areas that could use some clean up of sorts. The sword is a redo from the previous. The first was way too big, clunky and asymetrical. Once the legs are done I'll start working my way up. I'll have to do the helmet before I get too far up due to the design of his armor.
    Nuff said, let me know what you think!!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Thanks for looking folks!
    As always, feedback is much appreciated!

Clint
    gordy likes this.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking great Clint (y) I realize now after looking at other Warhammer works the proportions certainly don't fit the classic standards and you're right on track!
  7. Armornv Member

United-States
    Thanks Gordy! Hopefully this one will keep progressing well unlike my last one lol!
  8. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    I like where your new version is going, the new sword looks better in proportion and much meaner as well. Nice smooth sculpting on the armour I must say. Your body proportions are a lot better than the first, and now that you have started on the armour, you can see how it will turn out.
    Ben
  9. Armornv Member

United-States
    Thanks Ben, glad you like it! Your avatar makes me LOL everytime I see it by the way. Too funny!
  10. Armornv Member

United-States
    Been away for a bit but steadily chugging along on this guy. Even tho it's not most peoples cup of tea over here, and the fact that I just took a glance at all these new incredible sculpts such as the Conan, I thought I would just throw up a pic or 2 of where I'm at with this.
    If you've forgotten, I'm still pretty new to this stuff so please be gentle. :)
    Currently working on the gloves/arms. After that all that is really left is the shoulders and cloak, barring any details I missed or decide to add.
    Enjoy!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome!